Nissan Quest 2002 o2 sensor color code

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
quest02

Does anyone have access to this? I have checked the PDF for this, but it reads as only having (3) wires. (If I'm reading it right) My wiring harness has (4) and the new 02 sensor has (4). Long story short a friend was helping me work on my vehicle and instead of taking his time and releasing the latch on the harness he pulled on it ripping the wires out of the connector going to the wiring harness I have looked all over town, surrounding junk yards and even on line for a replacement with no luck....so I had to cut the new o2 sensor...peel back the covered pair that revealed a black and white wire, which was good but the other two don't match the o2 sensor since one wire is blue and the other blue/yellow....so much for trying to save some money during these hard times......

new o2 sensor has a black, gray and (2) white wires.
ripped wiring harness has black, white, blue, and blue/yellow.

Thanks!

quest02

Also. the o2 sensor is bank 1 before the cat

quest02

I finally figured it out by luck the other day.
O2 sensor black(signal +) goes to Black on wiring harness
O2 sensor gray(signal -) goes to White on wiring harness
O2 sensor white(heater) goes to Blue/Yellow stripe on wiring harness (this doesn't matter if it matches)
O2 sensor white(heater) goes to Yellow/Blue stripe on wiring harness (this doesn't matter if it matches)

This worked for me and my check engine light turned off. After reading some more online, there are ways to test the 02 sensor with a butane torch and volt meter, so I may do that next time before replacing any sensors. I'm not a certified mechanic either, so please double check these codes for yor vehicle.
:dblthumb:
Cheers!

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”