Nissan Owner's Festival 11/29 Cali Speedway!

Including HI and CA
mav1178

http://www.socal240sx.org

Saturday, November 29, 2003 California Speedway - Fontana, California Thanks to the generous support of Drift Association LLC, we are proud to present to you The 2003 Nissan Owners Festival. This first-of-its-kind festival will take place at California Speedway located in sunny Fontana, California on Saturday, November 29th 2003. California Speedway is a premier multi-purpose racetrack, where some of America's greatest racing series are hosted. Located 40 miles east of Los Angeles, it is central to many of Southern California's finest points of interest, dining, entertainment and shopping.

Our event's focus is to bring Nissan owners together and stimulate involvement in sanctioned track events. At this festival, we offer you the opportunity to participate in either a Drifting School (staffed by highly-experienced drifting instructors) or an all-Nissan meet. In addition, we will have parts giveaways, food and drinks, and special Nissan car displays. Many vendors, who cater to Nissans, like KAAZ USA, Superior Nissan, and 5Zigen USA will be out there to show you their latest in Nissan-specific applications. Bring your friends and family, you all are welcome, because after all…we all love our Nissans!

I will post more registration and driving information once they are available, as well as more information regarding vendors.

For more information visit http://www.socal240sx.org or email [email protected]

BTW this event is open to all Nissan cars!!!!!!!!!

-alex

BuudWeizErr

I'm definitely in.

When will we have an idea on how much it's going to cost to drift? DriftDay.Com has no info yet.

I will be there for sure.

mav1178

The drifting portion is tentatively set at $100 per driver (registering thru Driftday.com starting sometime next week), while the meet portion is tentatively set at $25 per driver. Keep in mind that these prices are proposed pricing that will be finalized over the weekend.

-alex

drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

Wow, that's awesome that we get dibs on registration, hah...

BTW, Ryan, Alex, awesome job you guys did at DD8...!

drifter

DUDE

Wasn't registration supposed to be two days ago?!?! WHAT'S UP!?! :)

bustav13t
Car: Learning, Driving

haha i like the idea of driving games.

mav1178

Registration for the car meet is now open! Check http://www.socal240sx.org for more info.

-alex

mav1178

Registration for the drifting school/event is now open!

http://www.myautoevents.com/pl...52561

-alex

drifter

See you guys there! I can't wait for this one! :)

mav1178

In light of the recent fires that have consumed so much of Southern California, we have decided to change the November 29th Nissan Owner's Festival slightly.

All proceeds from this event will go towards relief efforts for the fires. Right now I am looking to have donations given to the Southern California chapter of the American Red Cross (thru KFWB 980AM). I will also set up donation boxes at the event so that people can do donations on-site.

I would only like to ask you fellow Nissan owners for a favor: Please, if you have not done so already, register for the event (either for the meet or for the drifting portion of the event) so I can figure out rough attendance levels and can calculate the amount of money we can raise for this good cause.

If any of you wish to help or want to know more information please email [email protected] for more information. Please note that due to SEMA Show we will not be able to answer the emails in a timely manner between Nov. 1st thru 10th.

Even if you do not register for this event, please try to show up and give support to the sponsors and attendees at the event. Not only are we celebrating owning a Nissan/being a Nissan enthusiast, now we also band together in this time of need to show that car enthusiasts CARE for those that are less fortunate. The least we can do is give our support to those that have lost their entire lives in the fires.

Lastly, please check the various news sources for updates on the fires, and keep those that have been displaced in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you very much.

-alexhttp://www.socal240sx.org

BuudWeizErr

I hope to return for DD10 after my car broke down at DD8. I just need a little bit more money. Heh, don't ask.

drifter

That's awesome that you guys redirected the proceeds to these people who are victims of the fire....I'm glad I registered even more now....man, I was glued to the TV set for like 2 hours today watching news about the evacuations.

mav1178

Please visit this link for the car meet:

http://www.socal240sx.org/festival_meet.html

Registration for the car meet can be found here:

https://www.overboost.com/tick...d=209

-alex

twofortyesecks
Car: 08 Nismo 350Z
08 Ruckus

I signed up but not for the drift event yet. I don't know how big an a$$ I'd make of myself, bumpin' around in my stock 240. Would it be worth the 100? Is the meet like a car show? I don't have much to show, check out my egr breather oooo! I really want to do the drift thing, so if I do sign up, no laughing.

mav1178

What's to lose if you sign up? 1) it's not a competition, 2) it's not a competition, and 3) it's not a competition.

Plus, you have to start somewhere. Leave the ego behind and if you are willing to learn you will have a great time. If you are always afraid of how you look then you will never get anywhere, with cars or even with life.

-alex

fliprayzin240sx
Car: 97 240sx w/S13 SR20--RIP
93 S14 Silvia w/ S15 Spec R SR20--RIP
95 240sx kouki convert RB25det

Hey alex, if you guys need a hand setting up for the event lemme know. Im gonna be in socaLi for that whole wk on vacation with nothing else to do. email me if anything. Just wanna help since its for a good cause and we all *family* =p

[email protected]

RaY

stretch240sx

man i want to go, but i might be getting a job that is gonna take up my weekends! god dman it.... hope i can go, gotta wait to see what my hours and when i start are

mav1178

Spectator fees for the venue has been confirmed at $3 per person to enter onto California Speedway grounds.

These fine vendors have been confirmed for our event:

5Zigen USA

Cartune Motorsports*

Jspec.com

Kaaz USA

Endless USA

Hot Machine*

McKinney Motorsports

Mossy Nissan of San Diego

Motorex

Pacific Rim

SR20Store.com

Superior Nissan of Puente Hills*

Asterisked (*) vendors will donate prizes for our games & give-aways.More vendors will be added as confirmed.

-alex

twofortyesecks
Car: 08 Nismo 350Z
08 Ruckus

Oh, spectator is $3. I bought the $20 ticket. That's the car show entry I guess. Oops, stupid me. I'm not going to put my car into the show. I still need to sign up for that drift school, hopefully its not full yet. (it is full :( ) Thats what I get for being lazy.

mav1178

A couple things to add:

1) Because of the seperate administration of the event by SoCal240SX.org and Drift Association only those that register for the car meet will receive a Nissan Owners Festival t-shirt; those participating in the drifting side of the event can purchase an event shirt for a discounted price at the event.

2) Only those that register for the car meet are eligible for the free giveaways from the vendors. There will be no raffle tickets sold for these items (which are high-quality items worth a lot more than the $25 registration fee! Right now the odds of winning an item are better than 2 to 1! Sign up at http://www.socal240sx.org!

-alex

mav1178

The meet registration will close at 3PM on Friday, Nov. 28th. You CANNOT register on-site for the meet.

This event will happen, rain or shine!

-alex

drifter

Dang.....6 in the morning.....:)

BuudWeizErr

Very good event, my enjoyment was multiplied 100x when Kenny let me drive his car around the pylons for a while, so you know I had to show off! Thx kenny.

gabossie
Car: Your mom

:( I REALLY wish I could have gone, but architecture project just takes so much time. ARG, I can't believe I missed this to put wideflange beams together and pour concrete.

Return to “California Region”