Nissan OEM Fog Light Kit Installation

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
bnwitt

I purchased a Nissan OEM Rogue fog light kit which comes with a new steering column switch assembly and I've found a video on removing the air bag and I can see in the 2016 FSM that there is a bolt holding the steering wheel itself on that appears to be a star type head. Do any of you know exactly what type and size wrench is needed to remove that bolt? Also, are there any tips on installing this fog light kit I need to know? Disconnect the battery, things to do or not do etc.

tjharris1954
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD, Cayenne Red

Try a 50mm.

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

You need a set of Torx bits, sorry dont know the size, if I had to guess a T25 or T30 range.

bnwitt

Thanks gentlemen.

bnwitt

Does anyone know if it is necessary to disconnect the battery on a 2017 Rogue prior to removing the air bag and steering wheel?

tjharris1954
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD, Cayenne Red

'Lock steering wheel in place or have a helper hold it in place,loosen T-50 Torx bolt in center of steering wheel to remove.' You will have to remove neg. battery cable for 3 min. or more.

bnwitt

Thank you tjharris1954 Great information. I'm 1955 BTW

bnwitt

I received my fog light kit yesterday and it came with a note leading to an end user website to obtain written instructions www.Nissan-Techinfo.com. You select "publications" Accessory Installations and then select your model and model year. You are supposed to type in the model number of your part but that didn't work for me (999F1- G5ALO) I typed in fog and hit search and got the instructions at the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rp1jggjtu4te ... s.PDF?dl=0

I hope that helps someone.

Return to “Rogue Forum”