Nissan Navigation systems

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I may take my 2023 Armada to another continent for a few years.
I called the dealer they said nothing to buy and it may

a) just keep working and "adjust" itself" (I am sceptical)
or to
b) talk to a Nissan dealer in the gaining country.

Any thoughts or insights?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Hmm, I'd say once you're in country, try updating through WiFi MAP INSTALLATION WITH WI-FI

PalmerWMD

Rogue One wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:45 pm
Hmm, I'd say once you're in country, try updating through WiFi MAP INSTALLATION WITH WI-FI
I will try that and report back.
However I am still a couple months at least away from in-country so it may take a bit.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I think your dealer might be right. When my wife and I went to Germany a few years ago, we were worried our cell-phone GPS's might not work right and rented a car equipped with GPS as a precaution. The problem we learned too late was that the car gps instructions were all in German which neither of us spoke. :) Fortunately our phone GPS' adjusted themselves automatically, so we didn't need the car GPS. I suspect your car GPS is significantly newer than our cell phones were and will adjust automatically as well And if it doesn't, you still have your phone, which will update for free.

PalmerWMD

Bubba1 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:29 am
I think your dealer might be right. When my wife and I went to Germany a few years ago, we were worried our cell-phone GPS's might not work right and rented a car equipped with GPS as a precaution. The problem we learned too late was that the car gps instructions were all in German which neither of us spoke. :) Fortunately our phone GPS' adjusted themselves automatically, so we didn't need the car GPS. I suspect your car GPS is significantly newer than our cell phones were and will adjust automatically as well And if it doesn't, you still have your phone, which will update for free.
Fair Points, alas my phone will need a new SIM card to work in Germany.
At least it did on my last PCS.
Perhaps now its different.
But I am intentionally trying to avoid phone navigation anyway, in favor of car based Navi.
Since I had the telematics antenna disconnected my car no longer reports my location, but i can still receive GPS signals so my Nav works quite well.
I may have to reconnect it if there is an automatic map reloaction when the car moves ( which I am not confident in as yet)
Using the phone instead would negate that and is arecourse for emergencies.
Besides i like the bigger screen in the car :)

PalmerWMD

My sellign dealer told me I'd be screwed, but not sure how thorough that has been researched.

Return to “General Chat”