nissan maxima engine computer big problem

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
szeryk
Car: nissan maxima

I am writing to you, in order to receive some technical help concerning my ’97 Nissan Maxima, sedan, 3.0 L, automat. I found your www site on the Internet.

I was trying to get some help from other ( more local) sources but with no success. I am quite desperate right now as my Maxi is “resting” in mechanic garage for more than 4 months

The most recently diagnosis is that computer is damaged and need a replacement. I was looking for that part on the internet unfortunately have no idea which one will run in my Maxi. I attached a photo of the label on my

computer. I would like to ask you to match a proper part with it.

I am writing to you from Poland ( can you imagine that in my country I can get no help?! )

I would be really grateful for your help.

information abot my computer: D2 23710 46U10 A18 F98 E58

SSDwellah
Car: '90 Z32 Coupe w/ VH45DE + 5-speed (FOR SALE)
'06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
'08 Frontier 4x4 SE KC

szeryk wrote:I am writing to you, in order to receive some technical help concerning my ’97 Nissan Maxima, sedan, 3.0 L, automat. I found your www site on the Internet.

I was trying to get some help from other ( more local) sources but with no success. I am quite desperate right now as my Maxi is “resting” in mechanic garage for more than 4 months

The most recently diagnosis is that computer is damaged and need a replacement. I was looking for that part on the internet unfortunately have no idea which one will run in my Maxi. I attached a photo of the label on my

computer. I would like to ask you to match a proper part with it.

I am writing to you from Poland ( can you imagine that in my country I can get no help?! )

I would be really grateful for your help.

information abot my computer: D2 23710 46U10 A18 F98 E58
Well you probably already know this, but the part that is the nissan part number is "D2 23710 46U10 A18 F98 E58"

23710 is for an ECU

23 = electrical section710 = ECU ???-46U - Part Type number (A32 maxima?)10 - is distinction number (think revisions or different colors or change in materials, etc...)

The second number (A18 F98 E58) is the manufacturer's part #. The manufacturer in this case I believe is still JECS (Japan Engine Control Systems Co.).

By looking in Jim Wolf Technology's ECU Identification list, herehttp://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/ECU-ID.PDF you might be able to find an ECU that has the same features. As you can see, your part numbers are not there. There are SOOO many different ECU part numbers for a generation of nissans, and I suspect that they all are almost entirely just software differences (updates that adjust for better performance, fix bugs, raise fuel efficiency, etc..). Don't quote me, but probably any of the A32 ECU's would run your Maxima reasonably well but you will probably get a CEL if you mix and match OBDI and OBDII computers. Good luck!

mikehutton
Car: Honda Civic

It's really hard decoding these problems especially when you really have no idea on the codes that you are seeing, I looked for several sites for some online solutions and found this one.

http://www.obd-codes.com - it was all the information about the trouble codes to all car types

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”