Nissan maxima 2000 P1320

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
yashin2
Car: 2000 maxima
1991 240sx

Hey. I used to be on these forums alot but have not been on recently. I was wondering if I could get some help, as this place always had the best tech support forum ( I remember one user , "Nistech" , who seemed to know everything).

Any-who. Here is my situation

2000 Maxima shows code P1320. I've had this code several times in the past and have simply changed ignition calls and this remedied the problem. In all i replaced 5 coils. Still shows a code. I did the test where you start the engines and then unplug the coils one at a time in an effort to pinpoint which coil was bad. However each time I would unplug the coils, the care would stumble. Leading me to believe that all coils are fine.

I replaced the spark plugs. Still shows a code.

I replaced the crankshaft position sensor ( the one located by the oil pan). Still shows a code. I know that there is another crankshaft position sensor. But from reading the FSM it doesn't seem that the 2nd sensor is a probable cause of the code.

I'm running out of ideas and may just take it to a mechanic. Any ideas?

Thanks
Yashin

MaximA32

That code is an ignition circuit code. While it is generally the coil packs going bad (a known issue for the VQ30) it could also be other issues. My advice would be to stop throwing parts at it and take it to someone who can do a proper diagnosis.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”