Nissan March (Micra) 2003 mysteriously reducing water!

Based on the Nissan Micra, the Pike Factory quartet are among the most unique cars to roll out of a Japanese factory.
akam553
Car: 2003 Nissan March

Hi All,

I have a Nissan March (Micra) 2003 which reduces water.
The problem started 2 years ago, I changed the thermostat and it was OK for a couple of months.
Then the same thing happened again.
So I took it to my Mechanic two months ago and they said the coolant gasket was leaking and changed that.
But it kept reducing water and overheating if I drove it for 30Ks or so.
I took it back to the mechanic. They have done pressure and compressor checks and they left the car idling for a couple of hours.
They found no leak and no problem with the head gasket and when it was idling they couldn't see the water level coming down (but when I drive with it, it constantly reduces water. In a recent 80Km trip, I had to top up the water for 2 litres or so).
Have you faced such an issue?
Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

richardwbb
Car: French 1992 b13 Nx (Nx2000)

Yes had it somewhat with my Nx2000 13 years of filling and finally it gave. Water pump leaking hole. My Micra March 1993 same story but not that long, refilling it and water pump leaking hole but this time this bad you couldn't miss that. But long story short it *can* leak there leaving no stains and nothing to see on a greased engine block. Another point but you should be able to see that is those hoses near right front shocktower, Nissan clamps you might consider those not the best and that spot can leak a bit as a common cause. I do have my concern with your garage replacing a head gasket and leaving it running for a long time. Garage should be able to pressurize coolant system. It is true a idling engine doesn't have to leak. The water pump won't build up pressure and if you drive it, it will build op some pressure, no biggie but the difference is there

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Might want to add a bit of compatible UV dye and see where it leads you. Stuff like a bleeding weep-hole can't hide from that.

Return to “Pike Cars: Pao, Be-1, Figaro and S-Cargo”