nissan leaf heating system

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
joephish
Car: 2011 nissan leaf

Has any one with a nissan Leaf experienced sluggish and incorrect heating tempuratures for cabin confort? I have standing probloem with , for example, outside temp is 50 deg. and I set my temp for 72 deg and it does not reach temperature for at least 2 miles then overheats the cabin with 85 to 88 deg temp coming out of the vents, weather on automatic or not. Dealer has no idea other than that it is "performing normal." Even if I turn the temp down to 67 deg. the climate control system does not respond to the actual set temperature and then will instead put out 79 to 83 deg temp out the vents.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Looks like this is a pretty dead forum.......the Leaf is my wife's car and I wish now I'd bought it with the seat heaters for her. I find the heater is not great in the car, once it gets rolling it is okay, but not sure this was Nissan's finest hour. If I lived in a colder place this would be a bigger problem.

joephish
Car: 2011 nissan leaf

It is mainly the inaccuracy of the tempureature setting as compared to the actual tempurature inside the cabin. my heater works good in about 1.5 miles then out of "control" after that. Kind of minor problem when I compare it to the joy of driving around the Chevron Station 3 or 4 times when I go get the groceries. Thanks for your intelligent and helpful comment. joe.

Return to “Leaf Forum”