Nissan Infiniti Power Valve Assembly repair VQ35DE DIY Intak

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
dprime
Car: 2004 I-35

On the passenger side of this model engine, there is a small solenoid that powers a butterfly valve that varies the length of the air intake before the manifold. Nissan calls this the "power valve" The little plastic clip deteriorates over time and the push rod separates from the valve. Nissan wants over $100.00 for the valve assembly and does not sell the clip alone.... but I do. I have one of these engines and after listening to that valve rattle, and pushing the actuator rod through what was left of the plastic clip for the umpteenth time, I went looking for a repair option. This is it. This clip installs in seconds and restores functionality to the Power Valve.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT

jroo
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder

sent you a PM about this

dprime

I cant seem to reply to your PM so I will here.. If you look at the pictures on ebay, you will see the pushrod and where it goes through the plastic clip into the valve. If your plastic clip is intact... you dont have a problem. If your pushrod comes free from the valve, you need to replace it. Replacement is very easy... push the clip through the valve, put the pushrod through the clip... then rotate the clip until it locks itself back on the pushrod... very intuitive.

Tonyjimenez78
Car: 2003 Altima SE
2005 Altima SE

Where can I get a clip?

dprime

I still have clips.. Ebay took down my listing for some reason and I never bothered to put it back up.. I sold a couple hundred of the silly things before they decided I was infringing on Nissans rights for some reason.. anyway.. Ill send you a pM

dprime

Its not letting me send you a PM.. send me one if you can and we will go from there

Tonyjimenez78
2005 Altima SE

this is what i got when i tried to pm you
"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."
Can I contact you through ebay?
Or how can I get permission to PM?

dprime

my user name on ebay is ddub! send me an email there be sure to use the exclamation point. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... 2531.l4585

Tonyjimenez78
2005 Altima SE

Sent a message on ebay

hisege
Car: 02 Altima SE
5 speed manual

Hey dprime, I sent you a message on eBay. I'm in need of one (or more) of those retaining pieces, let me know how I can buy them from you!

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”