[video] NISSAN GTR PROTO TEST RUN @ THE RING!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Okinawa_BNR34
Car: BNR34 GTR VSpec

Sorry if this is a repost. If not, check it out. Your opinion is highly desired. Should I trade in my R34 VSpec for this?

http://videos.streetfire.net/v...6.htm

uh, i think i should have put this in the multi-media place. my bad. moderator up!

i'm double wrong because it's not even a skyline anymore.... aaaah!

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Badboy! Eh, it can stay though

still learning 06
Car: 00 skyline r34 gtr spec 2

OK, here's my opinion (and it is just MY opinion):

There is no doubt in my mind that the new GTR will be a gorgeous car, it will be fast, it will handle superbly, it will be a 911 killer...at hopefully a good price. I will probably buy one when the time comes, mostly because I feel it is my duty to give my 34 some fairly familiar company.

However, I find little to no satisfaction in going to a dealership, placing the order, coughing up the $$$, and taking delivery of the car.

Sound ridiculous? The reason why: One day, I will take out my new GTR, appreciating all the little nuances it will have to offer, pull up to a light, and someone else with a new GTR, (with brake dust caked onto the front wheels & who knows little to nothing about the vehicle, besides that "...it's cute...") will pull up next to me. I have learned that no matter how "limited" production a vehicle, or even how high the price is, there will always be at least a few in every town, owned by people who may have the means to buy such a vehicle, but just want to say they "own the new skyline."

Case in point: I was talking with a driver from a local "high-end" dealer here in Ct. He told me that they have sold 3 Bugatti Veyron's within the state, in the past 6 months! Ugh, imagine spending over $1million on a car, and NOT being the only person around with one? Granted, people spending that kind of $$$ probably have a fleet of goodies laying around, but you get my point.

I love my skyline. I searched and saved for years to get "the right one." I recognized my ignorance about certain specifics on the vehicle, and I searched for answers (thus I am here). I have now sent it away to maximize that RB26 powerplant that I have come to respect. I enjoyed the knowledge quest, I enjoy driving my car, I enjoy the fact that most people don't take a second glance at her, while the "enlightened" car enthusiast will usually stop and ask you "where did you get that thing?"

So, I say, keep your 34. Although importing and registering it may be a b!$#%, if you're up for the challenge and the cost, do it.

Personally, I like the exculsivity of being a skyline owner here in the US. I like that skyline owners have done the homework, they know the heritage of the brand, and they're gear heads. They have put in the blood, sweat and tears to get their car, and maintain it. They are the "muscle-cars" for the new generation. They get it.

...and all this from someone who never really liked "jap" cars...ugh, my "dark-period"...lol.

Okinawa_BNR34
Car: BNR34 GTR VSpec

don't worry about your "dark period" I was the same exact way. my first ride in a 500HP R32 GTR changed my whole automotive outlook. people will never know until they experience it for themselves.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”