Nissan~ Fosgate/Bose

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Ok I got my Spec V with the audio package because it had the Fosgate CD player,Sub,door speakers and tweeters.I got that because I didnt want to spen alot of cash moding the system.However I dont think that its worth the extra $$$.My Altima has the Bose system in it w/o a sub and I think it sounds much better.Nissan has been using Bose for a long time and I was wondering why they went to Fosgate to upgrade the Spec V? I was thinking about switching out the factory amp but im sure id blow the sub and have to replace that too.Oh well no more ranting for me today...:rant

RYNO_s13
Car: Kickboxing, driving like I stole it.

My feeling is that they went to the Fosgate pkg because of the fact that they're trendy. In all honesty, I personally would rather have road gear from wal mart over RF. When I got my Infiniti subs for my Fiero, they tried to sell me 12" RF's instead. I paid 400 each for the IP's, and the RF's were 500+ each. I've never regretted going with the Infiniti.

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

Nissan did their marketing research for that car. The majority of people that are going to buy that car are going to be more familiar with the Rockford Fosgate brand (youth-market segment) than they will be with the Bose brand (upscale 30+ market segment). Nissan is just trying to make the Spec V appeal to a different crowd that does not care about prestige as much as rockin' performance. That and I bet Bose wants to keep their name in the luxury market as one of the prominent brands for prestige factory equipment audio. Bose is in Infiniti, Acura, Cadillac, Mercedes, and Audi to name a few prestige brands.

But don't feel bad... most original equipment audio systems are pretty weak. There is hope however. Just find what you don't like about the system and go about making it better when you can.

Nebraska240sx

just a note here, it will be a pain to upgrade factory (premium sound) because of all the extra wires going to the am and the sub, since it is not any thing like a after market system.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Rumor is that the RF system in the sentra is not even really a RF system. RF designed the system using Clarion components (so I hear). Supposedlly if you take apart the system, you will find Clarion stamping on the backside of all the compenents.

jEzTeR

Thats crazy!I like Clarion in fact one of the best CD players I ever had was Clarion.It is ashamed that it doesnt sound as good as the Bose system in the Altima.

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

That would not suprise me in the least. It is all about marketing. Did you know that in the new Lexus SC430 there is a "Mark Levinson" (for anybody that knows this name, it is arguably the best solid state amplifier manufacturer in the world) audio system installed from the factory. It is actually a system designed by Mark Levinson Audio, but built by Pioneer out of Pioneer parts. Lexus has had Pioneer make most of their OEM audio systems since the get-go in 1990. And on a lesser car, the new Hyundai Tiburon, the "Infinity" audio system is actually all JBL. That very same system is marketed in foreign markets as a "Harman Kardon" system. Bose actually designs, manufactures, and tests their own stuff.

InstantRice

EZcheese15 wrote:Rumor is that the RF system in the sentra is not even really a RF system. RF designed the system using Clarion components (so I hear). Supposedlly if you take apart the system, you will find Clarion stamping on the backside of all the compenents.

All the lies, the lies....

jEzTeR

Quote »All the lies, the lies....[/quote] ?? Would you care to elaberate a bit on that thought?:confused:

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”