Nissan FAST software - Install guide

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
medium
Car: 1989 200SX s13

Hey guys,

During my manual transmission rebuild (other topic will come, I promise :) ), I contacted Nissan regarding spare parts and diagrams.
They phoned me back with some info but I told myself it would be easier to have the Nissan software on my PC.
So far, I found the software called "Nissan Fast" and a few references on nicoclub, but as it may help people, I'll write you a How-to guide here:

Software required (I do not own any of these, just referencing them)
a) Winrar : https://www.win-rar.com/
b) Daemon Tools lite : https://www.daemon-tools.cc/
c) All files (part01.rar to part25.rar) from https://diyservicemanuals.com/nissan-sp ... s-catalog/

First step is to to download everything from link c above and store them in a folder.
For instance --> C:\Users\MediuM\Desktop\fast - install
1.png
Please note that the link c above also offers an instructions file to guide you.

Then (install Winrar if not installed on your PC) you need double click "nissan_fast.part01.exe" and give a folder when virtual CD would be extracted, click Extract and let Winrar extract everything for you.
To be clearer, I'll give another folder on my desktop : C:\Users\MediuM\Desktop\virtualCD
2.png
2.png (22.01 KiB) Viewed 9558 times
You have now a file called "FAST.isz".

Now (intall Daemon Tools lite if not installed on your PC) double click on "FAST.isz" (il will mount the virtual CD on your PC as of a real drive, the letter is G: on my computer), go to your drive ("This PC" or Windows + E), find a CD/DVD drive with name 20131003_201055 on it.
Double click it, navigate to "NISSAN\FASTPRG\WIN2000\SETUP" and execute "Setup.exe".
3.png
The installer seems a bit f****d up with chars when showing destinations folders but seems to work fine.
I'll leave the default destination folder to "C:\Nissan" and install the software.
4.PNG
4.PNG (13.02 KiB) Viewed 9558 times
Now, you have two options :
1) you keep using the virtual CD with Daemon Tools lite when using Nissan Fast or,
2) you copy everything from virtual CD to your computer and get rid of the virtual drive. I'll go with this option but explained the difference a bit later.

So, I copy everything from virtual drive G:\ to C:\NISSAN\DATA (I created this folder to handle data files). You end up having that :
5.png
Then navigate to C:\NISSAN and execute "Nfset.exe". Go to CD-ROM SETUP and fill in "Drive 1", "Drive 2" and "Drive 3" with the following locations (order does not matter) :
C:\NISSAN\DATA\NISSAN\ (or the path to folder NISSAN in virtual CD if you choose not to copy virtual CD on your computer)
C:\NISSAN\DATA\INF-ALL\ (or the path to folder INF-ALL in virtual CD if you choose not to copy virtual CD on your computer)
C:\NISSAN\DATA\AR-JP\ (or the path to folder AR-JP in virtual CD if you choose not to copy virtual CD on your computer)
6.png
6.png (18.95 KiB) Viewed 9558 times
Please note that "Drive 1" is NOT set to folder where we first installed Nissan Fast (C:\NISSAN) but to the location of data files (C:\NISSAN\DATA\NISSAN or G:\NISSAN).
Please also note that "INF-ALL" folder is related to Infinity models and "AR-JP" to japaneses ones.

You can now run "Nissan Menu" from start menu or directly from "C:\NISSAN\Nfmenu.exe". This menu let you choose which content you wanna browse. I'll go with "EL" as Europe LHD (first click would install files and close the menu, so you have to reopen manually):
7.png
7.png (8.85 KiB) Viewed 9558 times
Then clicking "FAST system" you can access a search tool, diagram, parts, etc. Useful menu :
Search > Models on CD
Illustration > general Index
8.PNG
9.png
If someone knows more about this software, it may help to fully understand everything !

Cheers !

Return to “General Chat”