Nissan Ester Oil or Different Oil???

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
IEZXM
Car: 2015 nissan pathfinder

So...my 15 PF has 1 more oil change(40k miles) and my maintenance contract is up, so was wondering if anybody out there actually used Nissan's ester oil? NEO. Or does everybody just use other brands,etc? thanks.

IEZXM
Car: 2015 nissan pathfinder

To add to the above post...Was looking at Redline Ester based oil...Has a lot of good reviews and is similar to NEO I think or maybe better? Any thoughts? I've been using Royal purple the HPS series(synerlec additive). But was thinking about switching over to Redline.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Redline is a great oil.
But for my non sportscars I usually use more "normal" oils such a Valvoline Durablend 5w-30 (winter) and 10w-40 (Summer) ,

Modern oils have become so good across the board its hard to find a rational reason for using the best oils out there (which Redline ceratinly is)

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Nissan ester oil showed up when the VQ37VHR engine did in the G37 and 370Z, IIRC. It came as the recommended oil for that motor because of the tighter valvetrain clearances that came with the VHR motors. I used Redline in my 370Z because it was an ester-based oil that was also a synthetic - the Nissan ester is not a synthetic.

With my QR25, VQ35, and my VK56 motors, I just use Mobil-1 extended performance. I have around 300,000 miles of proven use there, and I can buy it at Wal-Mart and not get railed on pricing.

Return to “General Chat”