Nissan D21 Hardbody 4WD brake line size and flare?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
sffiremedic
Car: 1994 Nissan D21 Pickup

I ruptured the brake tube/ hard line to the right rear drum today. Is that line a 3/16”?
Also are all the flares sae double (ie no bubble flares)? Lastly what size sre the connectors.

Many thanks! Will likely replace more than just that one line.

whomadewho
Car: 1997 Nissan pickup

The fastest and easiest way is to remove the entire line along with the fittings.go to the parts store and replace the line with flexible brake line. Comes in a roll,better than steel easily forms. As to installing the fittings the best way is to either rent or find someone with a hydraulic professional tool for installing the fittings onto the line. Use double flares only. Another place to check..right ahead of the gas tank located on the inside of the frame. Also check the fuel line that goes between the cross member. If the fuel line is bad use fuel line that is designed for ethanol use.

sffiremedic

Thank you, unfortunately I already purchased copper/nickel line and nuts.

Quick question, on a 4WD d21 does the passenger rear hardline to the drum go over, or under the leaf spring? I should have taken a photo, could have sworn it went over, but my new piece looks like the axle may hit it on compression. the driver side goes under.

sffiremedic

aalso, it was a super quick job to pull the bed off the frame, and not long to remove the fuel tank, so now everything is super accessible

whomadewho

From the backing plate the line goes towards the leaf spring. Bends towards the rear of the truck then bends down next to the rear U bolt. Goes UNDER THE LEAF SPRING than back up next next to the U bolt than towards the fitting on top of the differential. As long as you have the box up follow the wires that come out of the fuel sending unit. The wires lead to a connector plug. Check for corrosion. Check the vent hose on top of the differential

whomadewho

Also a good time to clean the inside of the frame rails?

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”