Nissan cover CVT replacement?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
harryg
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hello all.

After 138000km's our 09 Nissan Rogue had its CVT replaced by the dealer in July.
Our 10 year extended warranty expired in April. Only 3 months out of warranty.

There were no symptoms that existed. Just one day merging onto the highway and the RPM's started shooting up and then it started bucking. Finally pulled into a parking lot and it wouldn't even move. Not even in Neutral. Our Rogue had the transmission cooler installed from the factory (SL AWD) and we had the fluid changed in 2017(114000km).

After searching through the forum I've found one instance where Nissan agreed to pay 75% of the cost for a valve body replacement that was out of warranty.

Has anyone had Nissan cover partial costs of their CVT replacement when out of warranty?

I called Nissan corporate and they said no. But I remember reading examples on this forum previously that Nissan covered 60% of the replacement cost of an individuals CVT. Or in some cases 70%. But am having difficulty finding the threads/post.

Thanks

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Maybe a few days or a couple weeks after warranty, perhaps some got a little help but I'm not too sure I can remember either.

So why may I ask, are you seeking reimbursement after paying for a new cvt?

I'll doubt you get any money back for your replacement cvt since it is after your warranty expired.

Unless you threaten to go after nissan if you believe you had a defective cvt, and join the nissan Altima owners suing nissan because of it.

I think 99% of the time, when your warranty is up, your crap out of luck.

Welcome to the world of Renault/Nissan.

I am still driving my nissan rogue original cvt grenade, and get depressed that it could blow up in full transmission failure at any given moment.

It's been a worthy workhorse for over a decade without any major problems I am proud to say.

harryg
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

casperfun wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:08 pm
Maybe a few days or a couple weeks after warranty, perhaps some got a little help but I'm not too sure I can remember either.

So why may I ask, are you seeking reimbursement after paying for a new cvt?

I'll doubt you get any money back for your replacement cvt since it is after your warranty expired.

Unless you threaten to go after nissan if you believe you had a defective cvt, and join the nissan Altima owners suing nissan because of it.

I think 99% of the time, when your warranty is up, your crap out of luck.

Welcome to the world of Renault/Nissan.

I am still driving my nissan rogue original cvt grenade, and get depressed that it could blow up in full transmission failure at any given moment.

It's been a worthy workhorse for over a decade without any major problems I am proud to say.

I was kind of hoping Nissan would cover at least part of the repair since it was only 3 months out of warranty but alas they said no.

Our Rogue has also been fairly solid other than the unexpected CVT failure. For 2 years I did 500km road trips through the mountains every 5 days or so. Back and forth, 5.5hrs on average and not a single issue. I remember during these times the CVT definitely whined but never went into limp mode once.

I'm from Canada so I cant join the Altima class action.

Looking back i kind of wished the CVT had displayed some problems then it could have been covered under warranty.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Pretty good for driving in the mountains for that long. That’s definitely tough for a cvt.

Kinda I was in a catch 22, I contemplated running my rogue into the ground and hopefully get a new cvt b4 my warranty ends.

But it would go against how I meticulously took care and maintained it.

So I stayed the course and did drain and fills up the yazoo hoping to get another 90,000 miles with my decades old original cvt.

I don’t tow or drive hilly mountains, but I do have hundreds of pounds of exterior accessories and also planning on getting meaty all terrain tires.

I will probably go down to a size to 16 inch and actually get all terrain tires that are lighter than the nitto performance tires I have now to avoid additional unsprung weight issues.

Would love to get me some Bridgestone KO2’s, but don’t want to stress my old cvt with those heavy tires. Lolz :nono:

Return to “Rogue Forum”