Nissan Connect Software Update - 0154

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
howie411
Car: 2018 Rogue Hybrid

My Rogue got a software update this morning from version 0151 to 0154. Not sure of any changes as I only was in the car for a few minutes. This is the second update I've gotten since purchasing the Rogue in July and that was 0150 to 0151 (This is on a 2018 model).

tedc
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

Similar with my 2018 Rogue. However, the update from 0150 to 0151 worked fine but the 0151 to ???? never completes. Got message "The software download is complete. Preparing to apply the update..." I found this forum looking for why the update does not complete.

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

I performed the update yesterday. It takes awhile after it says turn the vehicle off and back on again. I tried twice then just went inside for about 10 minutes when I came back out and started it again it had updated to 0154 and after a few minutes the software install complete message came up. All set. Thanks for the heads up as it did not download automatically I had to initiate it.

tedc
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

Still no luck so I visited the dealer today. They removed power to the head unit and we could download the update once again. Same issue as before where the install did not complete. The tech has seen several 2018s with update issues and the only fix was to replace the head unit. So it was ordered but the part is also on back order. I'll update post once this resolved.

vm335

any update on the situation? I have the same issue with my rogue. it has been stuck on the same message "The software download is complete. Preparing to apply the update" for weeks.

pernar
Car: 2015 Rogue SV

How do you get the updates?

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

Download them from the internet when you have the WiFi set up in your Rogue. There is a Youtube video that will kind of walk you through it.

tedc
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

vm335 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:18 pm
any update on the situation? I have the same issue with my rogue. it has been stuck on the same message "The software download is complete. Preparing to apply the update" for weeks.
Hi vm335,
Your situations sounds just like mine. I'm awaiting a new head unit from Nissan which is still on back order status. Suggest you take yours to a Nissan dealership. My shop foreman has seen this a few times now and swapping out the head unit is the only solution he is aware of to resolve. No technical service bulletins and a hard reset (disconnecting battery) does not resolve. Will update this post as I learn more.

tedc
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

I just got off the phone with the Nissan Service manager and verified NO TSB for this issue. If anyone sees a new update beyond just 0154, please let us know. I will try it before the head unit swap.

Dannyleew
Car: 2018 Rogue

2018 Rogue here same issue. Software 0151 downloaded and installed fine a few months back. Christmas Eve I fired it up to bring the family looking at Christmas lights and it started to download the software update. It took 20 minutes to download and never installed. Always says it is going to install but doesn't. Haven't called the dealer yet, frustrated every time I think about it. Merry Christmas from Nissan....

Will follow this thread for more info. I will try to disconnect the battery tonight though and see if that allows me to re-download and try again.

Dannyleew
Car: 2018 Rogue

I disconnected the battery for a couple minutes and it did indeed let me re-download the update, but it held at the dreaded, "The software download is complete. Preparing to apply the update".

tedc
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

Dannyleew wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:21 pm
I disconnected the battery for a couple minutes and it did indeed let me re-download the update, but it held at the dreaded, "The software download is complete. Preparing to apply the update".
OK, so two of us now with the 0154 update that does not complete. Dealer called and said my replacement radio head unit is in so it will go in tomorrow (1/14). I'll update once I know more.

tedc
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

All fixed !!! Dealership replaced "AV module - part number 2591A-8FM0B", downloaded latest 0154 update and it installed properly. They recommend avoiding these updates, so I have it set to manual and did not add any wi-fi connections. Other recommendation, if you attempt update, keep car running or you risk battery voltage dropping too low before all the tasks are completed. If you have this issue, take it in to the dealership. Sure hope Nissan comes up with a better answer as they work out these bugs.

howie411

"They recommend avoiding these updates" Sorry that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard a dealership say. I hate when they don't know why there is an issue so they just say avoid it. If they caused a huge issue Nissan wouldn't push them out to allow the customer to install the update.

mpscotia

I was able to update to 0154 on our '18 SL (just traded our '15 SV) with no issues as we were having a "no volume" issue with ou radio: when you go in the radio would look like it's working, but there would be no audio. Turning the dial "turned it up", but no sound. A hard reboot would fix it. I thought updating to 0154 would help but it's still doing it on occasion. :(

Pirate515
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

I agree that telling customers to avoid updates is unacceptable. They need to test these updates before rolling them out to general public and not roll them out of they are having issues during testing period.

With that being said, I think this is a quick cop-out by a dealer since the infotainment unit is probably manufactured by some third party with Nissan logo slapped on it. My guess is the AV module manufacturer screwed up by rolling out software that does not update properly and dealers get the short end of the stick by having to put in extra labor diagnosing and replacing them. Also, these units are pretty new and were introduced on Rogues in 2018, so most if not all of them are still under warranty and dealers can't try charging for replacements.

I'm also having the same problem on my 2018 Rogue SV AWD, will be taking to the dealer next Saturday, don't want to waste an extra trip because of this but I have an oil change due so I'll have them take a look at this as well. Although I have a feeling that they don't have them in stock so if they come to conclusion that it needs replacement, they will have to order one and I will have to come back when it comes in.

teeshot
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL

My update to 0154 on 01/21/2019 went fine without issue. 2018 Rogue SL

mpscotia

We have a new radio on backorder. When they "tested it" with their scan tool (or whatever they use) the radio failed a bunch of the tests. So now we wait...

Lgb0250

teeshot wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:08 am
My update to 0154 on 01/21/2019 went fine without issue. 2018 Rogue SL
Same here.

Benjumin
Car: 2001 Nissan Quest SE

:inout: I used to be able to see traffic on the car head unit map when my rogue is paired with my phone and the door to door navigation app is turned on in my phone. The traffic no longer shows on my map anymore after 0154, anyone else has the same issue or know how to fix?

howie411

Benjumin wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:20 am
:inout: I used to be able to see traffic on the car head unit map when my rogue is paired with my phone and the door to door navigation app is turned on in my phone. The traffic no longer shows on my map anymore after 0154, anyone else has the same issue or know how to fix?

That traffic on the built in NAV system is pulled from Sirius XM Traffic. It didn't come from your phone. Do you still hae a Sirius Travelink with Traffic plan?

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

howie411 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:50 pm
Benjumin wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:20 am

That traffic on the built in NAV system is pulled from Sirius XM Traffic. It didn't come from your phone. Do you still hae a Sirius Travelink with Traffic plan?
Ahhhh, the good ol' SXM traffic which is as effective as traffic on Google Maps :lolling: :lolling:

TO Benjumin: Seriously, if you are concerned about traffic use Waze. DO NOT depend on SXM traffic. I live in Orlando and Miami, Florida, and both cities are heavily populated, especially Miami, and SXM traffic has been inaccurate for like 99.9999999999999% the time and so did the crappy Nissan USA Navigation too.

Pirate515

UPDATE: Went to the dealer and got mine fixed today. Thankfully, they did not have to replace the AV unit, they claimed that they re-programmed and reset it and all is good now. Plus, when I got the car back, it was also updated to 0154 (I'm curious if they did it over WiFi or with their own equipment).

They did try to take a few cracks at me though.

First, asked if me or anyone else tried to "re-program" the unit. I had to explain to them that this is the unit's feature that if you can connect to WiFi that has valid Internet access and can get to their update server, it should download and install the update if one is available. Also, I watched the download progress bar go from 0 to 100% without a hitch, but when it came to actually installing it, it got stuck.

Second, they saw my third-party cable that I have been using with my phone for Android Auto and gave me a lecture on using them and how I have to use the original cable instead. Never mind that my cable was from Belkin who IMO is a reputable vendor. Plus my phone is Google Pixel 3 XL and the original cable is USB-C on both sides and will not work with USB-A port that's in the car, so I kind of had to use third-party USB-A to USB-C cable. Valid point though, if using a cheap knock-off there could be issues for both AV unit and/or phone itself.

In any case, glad that was resolved in one visit without the need to swap out the unit. Hopefully this won't happen again if/when the next update is released.

Benjumin
Car: 2001 Nissan Quest SE

Thanks datechboss and Howie. You can use the door to door navigation app on your phone to receive traffic for built in NAV 2018 or after on the rogue.
On 0131 only need to turn the app on your phone, turn on blue tooth and turn off premium traffic in the navigation setting
On 0154 you still need to turn on Bluetooth and the door to door navigation app. Instead of turning off premium traffic,you turn it on. In addition turn on the sync with door to door navigation setting under the same menu
It works perfect for me today in New York City. hopefully, it can help others

tedc
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

Some additional part number information on the AV Unit...

2591A-8FM0C is the latest part number.
Replaces: 2591A-7FH0A, 2591A-7FH0B, 2591A-8FM0A, 2591A-8FM0B.

daflores

Same issue here with my '18 SV. I do not want to make the trip to the dealer until I get my next oil change. So I take it nobody has had success just trying again after disconnect info the battery?

victoriabears
Car: 2018 Rogue SV

Can this be downloaded on a computer and put on USB and updated in the rogue that way?

tedc
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

Not aware of any way for the car owner to do this. The issue is not the download over WiFi, it is a hang situation during the install. If you are having issues, get the defective unit replaced under warranty.

Forcing a reset by disconnecting the battery does not resolve the update install issue. It just allows you to download the latest update.

dhassell
Car: 2019 Rogue SL

My 2019 Rogue SL is on 0151, and the dealership is claiming that it's the latest version. Does 0154 not apply to the 2019?

pclilien
Car: 2019 SL Platinum Something

dhassell wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:56 am
My 2019 Rogue SL is on 0151, and the dealership is claiming that it's the latest version. Does 0154 not apply to the 2019?
I have a 2019 SL as well, I connected via WiFi and hit the update in the menu. System took a while but rebooted to 0154.

Return to “Rogue Forum”