Nissan Bluebird 1990 U12 door ajar problem

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
yigael
Car: Nissan Bluebird 1991 U12

Hello everyone and happy holidays!!

Im having a problem with the door ajar indicator, remains on even when all doors are closed. So far, for troubleshooting I have tried:

1. Removing all door switches
2. Checking the light dome connections

I got a corsair manual which seems to be the same, but reading the wiring diagram is one thing and locating the cabling in the car is another story...
Can someone point as to where is the joining point from the door switch cables so I can test with a multimeter?

Thanks!

Rev_D21
Car: 1986.5 D21 LB HD 2WD V6 5Speed
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

Nissan FSMs usually have a map for terminals and connectors inside it. Not much help I know but if you can get your hands on a wire connector layout you should find what you are looking for. Are you trying to fix this problem or just disconnect it?

yigael
Car: Nissan Bluebird 1991 U12

Thanks for the reply, Im trying to fix it, as it seems it is more serious than it appears. My battery started going dead every now and then, took it to the battery shop and they placed one of their gadgets and it seems something is draining it even with the ignition switch off, which makes me thing that the door ajar is drainging somehow the battery. As a temporal solution, everytime that I park my car I have to get in the trunk and disconnect one of the battery poles

Return to “Others”