Nissan Armada Jump start Battery Connected Incorrectly

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
kandmkidzworld
Car: ???

I have a Nissan Armada 2005 and one of my employees tries to Jump start the Battery but Reverse the connection. I have checked all the fuses under the hood and all all are good. I also changed the battery fuss connect to the battery. Truck is still not turning over. I am just getting a clicking sound similar to when the battery needs a jump start. I also rearranged the relays hoping if one of them was bad it would allow the truck to start. Any suggestion on what i should check next before changing the starter.

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

When the jumper cables are incorrectly connected, the polarity of the electrical system on the vehicle with the dead battery will be reversed for a few seconds. This can irreparably damage many of the sensitive electronic components, such as on-board computers and electronic sensors. If the starter motor is the only component damaged, you may be fortunate if that is all that occurred. There are numerous diagnostic tests that may be needed to find the damaged components. In the '05 Armada service manual section for the starting and charging system (https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 005/sc.pdf) beginning on page SC-13, there is a flow chart to direct your diagnosis and testing to determine if the starter motor is damaged. Hopefully, there is nothing more extensive than this to deal with.

kandmkidzworld
Car: ???

changed the battery fuss and got a new battery and everything working now

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

Excellent! Dodged a bullet you did. Glad to hear it was that easy.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”