Nissan Altima doors auto lock

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
tsgoins
Car: Nissan Alitma

I have read many times that the Nissan Altima doors will not lock with the keyless entry left inside. I may have not completely understood what they meant but I have a '03 and a friend has a '14 Altima and if the drivers door is UNLOCKED and all other doors are LOCKED and the keyless entry remote is inside the car, the door will LOCK in a minute or so. You will be locked out. If ALL the doors are UNLOCKED and keyless entry remote is inside, you won't be locked out. Anyone else experienced this?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Are you referring to the Intellikey? The only way I know of for the car to lock with the key transponder left inside the vehicle, is if something were obscuring/blocking it's signal. On at least one occasion, I was unable to start my vehicle because the signal was blocked (the key fob was in a small igloo cooler).

tsgoins
Car: Nissan Alitma

Yes the Intellikey. The key was not in plan view. Nothing was blocking it's signal. It done this multiple times. NOTE; THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN THE DRIVERS DOOR IS THE ONLY DOOR UNLOCKED, the other 3 ARE locked. After a couple minutes the drivers door will lock and your intellikey is locked inside. Now If all doors are unlocked they stay unlocked regardless of where the key is. My friend has a '14 Altima and we tried this over and over.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”