Nissan 240SX Performance Chip / Timing Kit

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

I find a performance chip/timing kit for a cheap price. The guy states this this modification to the existing ECU will product similar results (HP gain) that upgrading or changing out the ECU. Is this true or bull****?

Daunttless

bull****. It doesn't remap the ECU, so theres no way it could provide the same performance.

ash1y1

I thought so. Are you for sure it's crap based on your knowledge or are you just guessing?

Daunttless

Well, show me the exact link. Unless they're replacing your ECU with a tuned ECU and its costing you several hundred dollars, its probably just a resistor. Some of the other members on this board are buying them for the few dollars they are offered for and testing them. It has to do with the air temperature reading, the cooler the air the denser the air and the better the engine will perform, hypothetically they're trying to fool the sensor into thinking the air is always frigid, so they always get the best tuned STOCK ECU map. I can't imagine there will be a huge increase in power, as the stock maps are for efficiency and reliability, not performance. Also, it hasn't been shown that it will even work yet, theres another post about this, you may want to look it up.

ash1y1

Daunttless

Heh, thats a great ad, and its exactly what I described in my last post. : ) It may or may not be worth it, but theres no way in hell it will add 20 horsepower. Check out that other post, they talk about it in more depth there.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”