Nissan 23 Rouge Platinum Buzzing Noise

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
davsikk
Car: 2023 Nissan Rouge Platinum

For the past 2 month now my new Nissan Rouge Platinum 2023 has an issue.
Currently at 3700 miles only.
When accelerating anywhere from 40+mph there is a buzzing noise coming from the front right passenger side. Unsure why?
When accelerating gradually to higher speed there’s no buzzing sound but when accelerating instantly to increase higher speed there is a buzzing sound.
Possibly when turbo is being used that is when the issue occurs?
Anyone else have this issue or know of it ? Any suggestions.
I do have a service scheduled next week.

Below is a link to the sound:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtHXMTlhSY85gYNwgZnv22BPhxX5SA

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

No, no, no!

That don’t sound right. Sounds like some cross wires or electrical haywire craziness going on.

Kinda reminds me of the humming when the cable wires are not shielded, you hear it in the speakers.

And this is with me keeping an open mind upon first hearing it.

And with my ocd, I would not stand for it by listening to that for the next several years.

Make dealer get rid of that sound or get rid of the Rogue.

Unacceptable. Bad craftsmanship or whatever.

Dump that rogue and say bye Felicia! :slap:

davsikk

casperfun wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:01 pm
No, no, no!

That don’t sound right. Sounds like some cross wires or electrical haywire craziness going on.

Kinda reminds me of the humming when the cable wires are not shielded, you hear it in the speakers.

And this is with me keeping an open mind upon first hearing it.

And with my ocd, I would not stand for it by listening to that for the next several years.

Make dealer get rid of that sound or get rid of the Rogue.

Unacceptable. Bad craftsmanship or whatever.

Dump that rogue and say bye Felicia! :slap:
Well I can’t get rid of it now it’s financed lol…
Just need to get it fixed, hopefully a good technician can be found to identify the issue

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

davsikk wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:55 pm
Well I can’t get rid of it now it’s financed lol…
Just need to get it fixed, hopefully a good technician can be found to identify the issue
I think you misunderstood what Casper was saying. Your vehicle is under full warranty. Almost every Nissan – including yours - comes with a 3-year/36,000 mile limited warranty. Take you Rogue back to the dealership and have them fix it.

PowerslavePA
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/Platinum

Mine makes that noise, it's the EVAP PURGE solenoid on mine.
If I open the hood at first hi-idle, I hear it from here:

PowerslavePA

YES, I know you have the Turbo, but that is the noise I hear from my Purge Solenoid.

davsikk

PowerslavePA wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:17 pm
YES, I know you have the Turbo, but that is the noise I hear from my Purge Solenoid.
Interesting, how sure that this sound is the issue ? And this sounds come for me from the inside of the passenger front side… and if so have you found a fix for this issue?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I have to look this up when I'm at the shop on Wednesday. If they're using PWM on a variable solenoid for the Purge Control, then it may just be that they just chose a coil which needs too low a PWM frequency and the solenoids are noisy because of it. Direct PWM on a coil usually causes a hum, so as an engineer you try to keep it at 10 KHz and up where the vast majority of people can't hear it. But with a big, cheap coil clamped with a typical clipping diode, frequencies that high can make the coil uncontrollable because the back-EMF dissipates too slowly to let it release. So you can either get mechanically fancy to leverage a smaller plunger and coil, or you have to drop the frequency and risk it being audible. If that turns out to be the cause, it won't hurt anything, but there isn't much you can do besides literally put a sock over it.

davsikk

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:45 pm
I have to look this up when I'm at the shop on Wednesday. If they're using PWM on a variable solenoid for the Purge Control, then it may just be that they just chose a coil which needs too low a PWM frequency and the solenoids are noisy because of it. Direct PWM on a coil usually causes a hum, so as an engineer you try to keep it at 10 KHz and up where the vast majority of people can't hear it. But with a big, cheap coil clamped with a typical clipping diode, frequencies that high can make the coil uncontrollable because the back-EMF dissipates too slowly to let it release. So you can either get mechanically fancy to leverage a smaller plunger and coil, or you have to drop the frequency and risk it being audible. If that turns out to be the cause, it won't hurt anything, but there isn't much you can do besides literally put a sock over it.

Well I wish I understood mechanic language …
Thanks for the info, I have an appointment with Nissan service on Wednesday. This is the second time with a different service center, let’s see if anyone has any knowledge in figuring out this problem.
Because if you listen to my recording it’s pretty damn loud and annoying to be listening to every time you drive, there has to be a solution to this because there’s no way in damn I’m driving a brand new a car with a sound like this for to long. My sound is coming from inside the car underneath the glovebox not under the hood.
I know from past experience Nissan always has electrical problems with their cars, their engineering with electrics is not the best.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If it's from the Purge Control that @PowerslavePA pointed out, you may just have one that's abnormally loud. Production tolerances are what they are, and some parts are always a bit tighter or looser -- or louder -- on one car than the next.

If you think Nissan electrical systems are problematic, do yourself a favor and never buy anything European. The Bosch parts Nissan has started using since '13 are by far the most problematic electrical parts on the cars, especially the radios and radars. Not to mention a seemingly endless series of ABS recalls, very disappointing from a company that used to be "the last word" in the ABS business. On the whole I'd call the quality of Nissan's harnesses and electrical design well above average, but in this day and age, those things are only half the battle. They aren't your grandpa's cars anymore, and they definitely don't have grandpa's sort of problems. Trust me on that, I am grandpa, just with a major update.

casperfun

I concur, you should not have to listen to a taser like sound on a 2023 Rogue every time you drive. That would be auditory torture because it would annoy me like scratching a chalkboard with your fingernails albeit not as bad. :bang

PowerslavePA

Also, you mentioned that it does not do it at gradual acceleration, but
does under hard acceleration. The difference would be, since you have
a turbo, a valve is responding under the harder acceleration. Not a
valve in the motor, but can be anything from the Purge to boost
bypass or blow-off.

Hebrew Hammer
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Pkg

davsikk wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:31 pm
When accelerating anywhere from 40+mph there is a buzzing noise coming from the front right passenger side. Unsure why?
When accelerating gradually to higher speed there’s no buzzing sound but when accelerating instantly to increase higher speed there is a buzzing sound.
Hey @davsikk - you mentioned you had a service visit scheduled.
Did you ever have this looked at by the dealer?
Any results?
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDITED

davsikk

Hebrew Hammer wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:30 pm
davsikk wrote:
Hey @davsikk - you mentioned you had a service visit scheduled.
Did you ever have this looked at by the dealer?
Any results?
Hi, yes it was at the dealer for over a week.
They connected with Nissan engineers and they said it was a component from the Bose sound system, they said one component was loose and they tightened it up and test drove the sound was gone. But after a week since service sound is back again and I’m starting to believe that was not the issue, or at least was not repaired correctly. I’m going to have it taken back because this is not normal anymore.

casperfun

I was kinda thinking something with the sound system earlier, maybe you could try an Anti-interference High-Frequency Ferrite Core Choke Cable Clips on the problematic wire, or whatever was loose.

I use to have them on my speaker wires in my recording studio to help prevent buzzing in my speakers.

My 2 cents. :gotme

davsikk

casperfun wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:20 pm
I was kinda thinking something with the sound system earlier, maybe you could try an Anti-interference High-Frequency Ferrite Core Choke Cable Clips on the problematic wire, or whatever was loose.

I use to have them on my speaker wires in my recording studio to help prevent buzzing in my speakers.

My 2 cents. :gotme
Will let the tech know, but to my understanding it only happens when accelerating just not sure how this connects with sound system

Jcovell
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue Platinum

Hey there , I also have the same issue with my 2023 Nissan rogue platinum, waiting to take it in to get checked out! Any news on your vehicle??? That buzzing noise is soooo annoying.. sounds like a tattoo gun or something buzzing….

Jcovell

You can email me at [email protected] if ya want.. would love to hear from you about your Nissan rogue… it drives me nuts and it is also a lease…

Jcovell

davsikk wrote:

Below is a link to the sound:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtHXMTlhSY85gYNwgZnv22BPhxX5SA

Same issues here with my rogue!!! 2023 platinum edition… that buzzing noise is soo annoying, sounds like a tattoo gun kinda ..does your sunroof make gurgling noises too when it rains or day after rain??? Email me/ [email protected].

davsikk

I will be dropping the car into the dealership for service again for the 3rd time with the same issue, if they do not resolve this issue after the third time i will take it up with Nissan to use the Lemon Law provides cost-free legal help to distressed drivers whose cars, personal trucks, or motorcycles suffer a repetitive non-conformity or are in the shop for an extended time within the first 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first.

This car has issue with display flickering time to time or going black out of no where and it reboots.
the wireless car charger works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't
the car play also works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't
there is a rattle sound on the driver front left door comng when driving as if something is loose.

for a brand new car with 6k miles this is not normal whatso ever....
either this car is defected or poor luck on my end with it.
totally unfair to any driver who is facing this issue with anewly purchased car.
paying fortunes for nothing....

Return to “Rogue Forum”