NISMO IDx Concept - Build it or Trash it?

Your stop for everything on Nissan's performance brand. Whether you're looking for info on the new Sentra NISMO concept, the GT-R NISMO, 370Z NISMO, or just some of the many NISMO branded parts - You're in the right place.

Buy it, Build it, or Trash it?

Buy it - As soon as I can order one I will.
60%
Build it - I would love to see Nissan build this, but I probably wouldn't buy one.
20%
Trash it - This thing is atrocious. Kill it with fire.
20%

Total votes: 10

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

It is revered by many as an homage to the Datsun 510. It is an answer to a certain RWD sports car in the Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ.

The question is, should Nissan build it or should they trash it? Even further, would you buy one?

WRXhockey
Car: '11 Subaru WRX STi satin white pearl

Nissan should absolutely build it. There aren't a lot of options for people in the relatively low price fun to drive RWD category. Unless I'm mistaken, the MX-5 is still going strong and the Subayota twins still have strong sales numbers. Outside of those three cars, what else is there that emerging young professionals who want a cool car can readily afford? I know they're in completely different categories, but 370's aren't cheap. STi's aren't cheap. The Evo X isn't cheap (even though it's dead). Mustang and Camero are relatively affordable, but everyone and their mother has one of those two so there's zero novelty there. Nissan has a chance to step up their game, and I really think they should take it.

MrNismoZ

I think its a cool concept although i would like to see more of it. :dblthumb:

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

MrNismoZ wrote:I think its a cool concept although i would like to see more of it. :dblthumb:
We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Nissan IDx Concept

superbad
Car: 2014 alti 3.5SL

Would love one of these. I like the way they look.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Better than killing it with fire...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q[/youtube]
...we might get the design staff as collateral damage. ;)

The fact that Nissan has to have an answer for the BRZ/FRS as opposed to the BRZ/FRS being the answer to an existing Nissan design is the big joke. Enthusiasts have clamored for YEARS about a replacement for the 240SX and only after another manufacturer has sales success are they willing to enter the market. S2000, MX5, RX8 yeah, what a bunch of failures those were. Hell, even GM got in on the action with the kappa platform twins, the Sky and the Solstice (which I can't believe they sold). Now even the Z is getting kicked around in the car wars by the Camaro, Challenger, Charger and Mustang.

If anyone is the living incarnation of the bumbling duo of Klink & Schultz it's certainly Ghosn & Palmer.

Return to “NISMO”