NISMO EXHAUST

Your stop for everything on Nissan's performance brand. Whether you're looking for info on the new Sentra NISMO concept, the GT-R NISMO, 370Z NISMO, or just some of the many NISMO branded parts - You're in the right place.
Datsun Z
Car: 1971 240 Z, 2016 370 Z NISMO Tech

Looking for someone who has changed a 2015 or 2016 370 Z NISMO catback exhaust for something else. The stock NISMO exhaust provides an additional 18 additional HP over the stock 370 Z exhaust. It appears to be as good or better than any other exhaust.

I would like to change to an exhaust with a little better sound without loosing any HP. Then selling my current NISMO exhaust to a 370 Z owner at a great price. Any suggestions. I loved my Stillen catback exhaust on my 350 Z. Datsun Z

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Welcome to NICO!

There are plenty of 370 guys who have swapped to an exhaust with better power. The cats are a bottle neck on the car as is the factory piping diameter. The VQ loves to breathe.

Exhausts with significant power gains come from Fast Intentions, Motordyne, and Tomei for the 370. The Tomei is a single exit and is LOUD. The Fast Intentions can be ordered with various options to decrease sound volume or increase it. The Motordyne uses helmholtz resonators which allow the exhaust to be relatively quiet for normal driving but get nice and loud upon WOT.

An ECU tune is always recommended to get the most out of any bolt-ons, of course, but the 370 does ok adapting until you remove/change the cats.

Ah... all this talk reminds me how much I miss my Z.

Datsun Z

I am looking for someone who has changed the stock "NISMO Exhaust" to an aftermarket. I don't want to lose the 18 hp that the NISMO exhaust provides, but add a little better sound.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

If bolt on isn't making you happy, I think custom is the way to go. I'm working on designing a custom exhaust system and finding an experienced welder to assemble it for me.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Datsun Z wrote:I am looking for someone who has changed the stock "NISMO Exhaust" to an aftermarket. I don't want to lose the 18 hp that the NISMO exhaust provides, but add a little better sound.
Ok... allow me to elaborate then.

The regular 370 uses a Y-pipe setup for the midpipe on its catback exhaust. The extra power in the Nismo comes from a tune that supports the H-pipe configuration of the midpipe plus a slightly higher flowing muffler section of its exhaust. There are still bottle-necks in that piping that can be optimized via an aftermarket solution - the factory NISMO exhaust still goes down below 2" in sections, whereas the aftermarket exhausts I have mentioned above are a solid 2.5" diameter piping throughout. The exhausts that I have outlined in my previous post will still gain power on a NISMO version. There are plenty of options out there, but the ones I have mentioned have continuously demonstrated and proven power gains on every version of the 370Z.

Good luck in your search. Plenty of youtube videos out there to help you decide on sound.

Datsun Z

Thanks for your follow up.

Return to “NISMO”