Nismo Conflicting Information?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
1091-niZmo-guy
Car: 08 Nissan 350z Nismo
#1091 Red

Last week I purchased what I thought was a 08 Nissan 350z Nismo.. name plated, serialised.. in perfect condition with low miles.. some of what I am reading now says they were only produced in 07. Can someone clear it up for me? is it a production that spans 07-08 ? also, How many were produced in 08 if indeed they were seperate productions.. I live on the east coast and am purchasing this car from the west coast, its in transit now and Im expecting it by the weekend..I havnt seen it or driven it yet.. (forgive my spelling and grammar)

Nismo8
Car: 08 350Z NISMO

I also have an 08 Nismo Magnetic Black, purchased new (#1516). They where built in 07-08 with a production number of 1,607 total in the world market. I have the certificate of authenticity for mine you have to send in for it. Mine has 2,483 miles to date and is stock accept for window tint. :dblthumb:

1091-niZmo-guy
#1091 Red

so basically some are 07's and some are 08's theres no physical difference or mechanical difference? The production of both combined was 1607?

Nismo8

You got it !!

1091-niZmo-guy
#1091 Red

the Z i just purchased has 22k miles on it.. if i add aftermarket preformance mods to the car will it loose value since there limited? had the thought of cold air, possibly a turbo, nothing rediculous..

Nismo8

Nismo's are not solely built buy Nissan the chassis is sent to Autech where it gets Nismo'd out and then shipped back Nissan for final assembly. Autech builds Nissan's road race cars at Autech they hand weld the body seams and reinforce the chassis they have to add the body damper shocks to stop the vibration from the rigidness from the welding it together. They are located front and rear of the car. A regular 350Z will never handle like a Nismo because they are all just spot welded at the factory. Autech adds the nismo goody's (suspension, exhaust, ...) :naughty:

Nismo8

Cold air is good !
Look here www.A1motorsports.com You'll find what your looking for.
www.thezstore.com

Nismo8

As fare as it loosing value, if it was 20-25 yrs old with super low miles on it and stock ? It would be worth more. But ????
It's yours enjoy it most people don't keep a car more than 5 yrs.

z33r350z
Car: 2008 350z 299.9 whp
1994 pathfinder se fully loaded

Nismo8 wrote:Nismo's are not solely built buy Nissan the chassis is sent to Autech where it gets Nismo'd out and then shipped back Nissan for final assembly. Autech builds Nissan's road race cars at Autech they hand weld the body seams and reinforce the chassis they have to add the body damper shocks to stop the vibration from the rigidness from the welding it together. They are located front and rear of the car. A regular 350Z will never handle like a Nismo because they are all just spot welded at the factory. Autech adds the nismo goody's (suspension, exhaust, ...) :naughty:
you mean a stock 350z exhaust with bigger tips that say nismo dont confuse people.
to the op i have an extra 07-09 350z injen cold air intake i am selling if you want it its 300+ shipping

Nismo8

First off. I'm not confusing anyone just stating facts! The exhaust on the NISMO is a NISMO exhaust NOT a stock 350Z Exhaust with larger tips. It's stainless, tuned and has a different note than a 350Z. I know this because I had a 05 350Z touring before I bought my 08 NISMO. So sounds like you should do some research before you talk about something you know nothing about ! :wtf2: :slap:

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Nismo8 wrote:First off. I'm not confusing anyone just stating facts! The exhaust on the NISMO is a NISMO exhaust NOT a stock 350Z Exhaust with larger tips. It's stainless, tuned and has a different note than a 350Z.
The exhausts from the NISMO Z are almost completely identical to the stock Z exhausts of the same year(s). The tips are different, the actual muffler is shaped differently to accommodate the underbody aero and it has been tuned to offer a different exhaust note but the mid-pipe and y-pipe are the same and the only stainless portion of the stock NISMO Z exhaust system is the muffler casing. Do not think that because the NISMO Z says "NISMO" on it that it has all of Nissan's available NISMO parts on it. The stock muffler on the NISMO Z is not the NISMO S-Tune exhaust system.
Nismo8 wrote:So sounds like you should do some research before you talk about something you know nothing about ! :wtf2: :slap:
Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Welcome to NICO.

z33r350z
Car: 2008 350z 299.9 whp
1994 pathfinder se fully loaded

thank you lol doesent he know people but hr y pipes on there de's to give a a diffrent tone. its said how lil people know
BusyBadger wrote:
Nismo8 wrote:First off. I'm not confusing anyone just stating facts! The exhaust on the NISMO is a NISMO exhaust NOT a stock 350Z Exhaust with larger tips. It's stainless, tuned and has a different note than a 350Z.
The exhausts from the NISMO Z are almost completely identical to the stock Z exhausts of the same year(s). The tips are different, the actual muffler is shaped differently to accommodate the underbody aero and it has been tuned to offer a different exhaust note but the mid-pipe and y-pipe are the same and the only stainless portion of the stock NISMO Z exhaust system is the muffler casing. Do not think that because the NISMO Z says "NISMO" on it that it has all of Nissan's available NISMO parts on it. The stock muffler on the NISMO Z is not the NISMO S-Tune exhaust system.
Nismo8 wrote:So sounds like you should do some research before you talk about something you know nothing about ! :wtf2: :slap:
Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Welcome to NICO.

Nismo8

I stained corrected ! So doe's anyone want to buy mine? :gotme

Nismo#1516
Car: Nismo #1516
2004 Z

Nismo8, I did 2 weeks ago.😎

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”