NISMO CAI Question after install...

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
sethrrogers
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35

Now remember, I'm a noob here so don't give me too much hell about this question....I installed my Nismo CAI on friday and of course love it...It did take me a little while longer than expected but...I am new with these motors and the instructions were at times a bit hazy ....neways...as part of the process you are to remove the front half of your left front fender liner...and it never implies to replace it after install of the intake....now i know that the Nismo is designed to work w/ minimal water and I RARELY drive it in the rain...mainly b/c its black... ...but is this safe??? Am I supposed to replace the front fender liner?

awdjdmtalon
Car: 04 G35 Coupe, Diamond Grafite Metalic, Aero package, 6MT

Yes replace the fender liner. Then look in the bumper at the bottom on the driver side. You will see a black plastic block off with a foam filler. You will want to remove them. It has 3 or 4 plastic push pins that hold it on. The bottom engine cover will have to be removed to take it out.

After you do that you will be able to see the filter throught the lower bumper grill. Make sure to have the bypass intalled in the CAI!

Hope that helps.

sethrrogers
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35

sure does...thanks!

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”