NISMO bushings VR Polyeurthane (energy suspention)

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
theNUDdistBUDDhist

heres a nother 1. Courtisy claims "Great performance upgrade without the ride deterioration of a polyurethane bushing." no it this to say that poly. are better mut take from ride quality or what thx again -- MoNK

bj180sx
Car: cars

the nismo bushings are made from derlin. Really hard stuff. Harsh ride and really expensive. Go to http://www.suspension.com or http://www.pdm-racing.com and save yourself some money.

theNUDdistBUDDhist

yea but are thay bettrer..

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

NISMO makes top-notch stuff, you really cant go wrong buying racing parts from the company who made your car, and a race car out of it.-chetI'll have some nismo parts on my car, and there will be much more soon.

theNUDdistBUDDhist

thats generaly how i feel but nismo does offer links to energy syspention an thay have 200 beans worth or stuff but itsa all s14 will n y thing from the s14 work on the s13 or do i have to go nismo

mattback
Car: being a big f'ng ricer

poly all the way.nismo is usually weak and overexpensive copmared to other aftermarekt.

theNUDdistBUDDhist

yea but where can i get poly energy sys. only makes it for s14s

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

mattback wrote:poly all the way.nismo is usually weak and overexpensive copmared to other aftermarekt.

considering derlin is stiffer and stronger than polyurethane, I dont think you're right matt. NISMO parts are great quality, period. I've never seen a problem with a NISMO part, something you cant claim for other aftermarket peices. In short, I wouldnt hesitate to use NISMO parts as much as possible, but sometimes that gets extreemly expensive.-chet

theNUDdistBUDDhist

yea my shopin kart at nismo is 7812 +D nismo it is!! thank you for all your help

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

I think this is a bit subjective. Poly is not bad. Delrin is not bad. Both are stiffer than stock. Delrin is stiffer than both. Stiffer is not always better. Depends on the application. In a street car, you may opt for some compliance and go woth Poly. For High HP and race applications, Delrin may be the better choice. Everything always has a compromise. You just have to choose what's right for you.

dreamsOfSkylines

why do they claim "without the ride deteriation of poly", just a marketing ploy?

theNUDdistBUDDhist

-- k-c--thank you for clarafiying that

--dreams-- thay might mean the car doesnt feel spunge as it would due to less stiff bushings but im not sure that y i started this post

Cloudedone
Car: Cars, Drifting, Auto Mechanics, Army, Chicks

just remember guys everything in the US nissan motorsport catalog isn't made by nismo... actually hardly anything in there is... bushing are though...

G

dreamsOfSkylines

stiffer busdhings = more ride deteriaton.

The "ride" is how smooth the car feels and how well it handles bumps and rough road.

theNUDdistBUDDhist

yes i agree

midwestdrifter

can i get this US nissan motorsport catalog from the dealer. i asked mine and they know nothing about it. can i get some info on Courtsey (sp) nissian. or just how to spell it so i can search the board. thanks

theNUDdistBUDDhist

midwestdrifter

thanks a bunch man

Bobby_Wu

what do you guys think of these????

http://www.back-yard-productions.com/cu ... mounts.htm

F4ucc
Car: motorsports

BTW.

Those NISMO bushings listed on Courtesy NISSAN are Japanese Nismo not US Nismo. Why I know, I got mine from them.

I Like Nismo bushings, good quality.In general, I prefer Japanese Brands, reason ? because they know our cars more.......Unless you drive a Domestic that might be another story.My personal experience with US brands for our cars?Sucks. My ST does work nicely, but look closerly to the material of link? not that good, not saying the thread on link is actually too short on a lowered car......... I had to add two more washers to tighten the link.Sigh.......

Anyway, I believe you get what you pay for.

later

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

That's right, you get what you pay for. You can get **** from domestic companies and you can get **** from, believe it or not, JDM companies. There's nothing wrong with purchasing anything domestic for a imported car. Parts is parts.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”