nisan versa 2012 transmission

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
marvinj360
Car: Nissan Versa 2012

About a few weeks ago i felt the car would jump a tiny bit to get to 3rd gear but i assumed it was because i used regular gas instead of the usual premium. This whole week its been getting worse and today i was driving about 30mph and maintaining that speed made the car jerk too much and almost stalled. It is an SV automatic....is it transmission? They did a full check up and the not immediate issue to take care of was cleaning up throttle. Its at about 50,000 miles, bought it new. Isnt this car a lemon?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

marvinj360 wrote:Isnt this car a lemon?
:facepalm:
Lemon laws are American state laws that provide a remedy for purchasers of cars and other consumer goods in order to compensate for products that repeatedly fail to meet standards of quality and performance. Lemon laws vary from state to state. Most state lemon laws specify that a manufacturer must provide a refund or replacement for a defective new vehicle when a substantial defect cannot be fixed in four attempts, a safety defect within two attempts or if the vehicle is out of service for 30 days within the first 12,000 to 18,000 miles or 12 to 24 months.

Your vehicle is NOT designed to use premium gas. Just know that all you're doing by using it is wasting money.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/premium-vs-regular-1

"They did a full check up..." WHO did the check up? Were there any error codes?

marvinj360
Car: Nissan Versa 2012

Dealership did major servicet inspection, no error codes, only throttle needed to be cleaned soon. Oil change due next week.

Return to “Versa General Chat”