Night time lights on stereo/clock/glove box not working

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
micco

Hi All,

I've been a long time guest but forced to become a member for this issue :)
I've looking on this forum and others but can't find a definite solution.

I have the stock stereo in my 2003 g35 sedan and last night replace the glove box light (since it was burnt out and annoying), at some point during the change something arch'd in the socket and suddenly the stereo lights went out, the dimmer switch no longer works (so cluster lights on max) the and glove box light is still out - yes i change the bulb while the car was running... :facepalm:

I've checked all the fuses under the dash and under the hood, all look good.

i'm hoping someone can shed some light on where i should look next and start to trouble shoot.

thanks in advance!

micco

traced the illum lines back to the dimmer, which had no power.
Found the wiring diagram which references the tail lights as a power source; sure enough tail lights were out too.

Found the 3rd fuse box tucked away under the plastic cowling by the battery (which i've never seen before, and there is no owners manual in my car), 5th fuse down, left side "Tail lights" was blown.

Hopefully this will help someone else one day, illumination circuit is tied to the tail lights circuit...so don't start thinking it's the BCM without checking there first.

cheers

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”