Nico hosted drift events!

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
dak0n
Car: 1992 white 180sx (under construction, will be done soon)

so, i know nico hosts drifting events down at carlisle pa, and prob tones of other places around the u.s. u sign the insurance papers, and bring a helmet, if your car checks out ur good to go. Which brings me to the point.

What do you go through to host a drift event, ssc or who ever hosts national autocross events. and has there own insurance system, but i started a small more reagen specific forum, for the primary focus of organizing local cny meets, and local classifieds.

Well our first meet was very successful, but our end of the year meet was cut short by cops showing up at our local drift spot and kicking us all out, well this year, I'd like to do things legit, so all of us can enjoy our cars to the fullest without worry.

So weather nico themselves comes and co-sponsor our meet, or you just fill us (and maybe other smaller localized clubs around the united states) what exactly is involved in hosting a 100% legal drift event, and yes we have several spots around our city that do autocross and other events similar in nature.

I really appreciate any help you guys can provide, even if its a little help, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on these forums who have had these ideas, of a cop free drifting event, seeing as how fare wide spread they r in certain areas.

Modified by dak0n at 11:36 PM 12/29/2009
Modified by dak0n at 11:48 PM 12/29/2009

OpenDiff

Legal drifting rocks!

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

dak0n wrote:so, i know nico hosts drifting events down at carlisle pa, and prob tones of other places around the u.s. u sign the insurance papers, and bring a helmet, if your car checks out ur good to go. Which brings me to the point.

What do you go through to host a drift event, ssc or who ever hosts national autocross events. and has there own insurance system, but i started a small more reagen specific forum, for the primary focus of organizing local cny meets, and local classifieds.

Well our first meet was very successful, but our end of the year meet was cut short by cops showing up at our local drift spot and kicking us all out, well this year, I'd like to do things legit, so all of us can enjoy our cars to the fullest without worry.

So weather nico themselves comes and co-sponsor our meet, or you just fill us (and maybe other smaller localized clubs around the united states) what exactly is involved in hosting a 100% legal drift event, and yes we have several spots around our city that do autocross and other events similar in nature.

I really appreciate any help you guys can provide, even if its a little help, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on these forums who have had these ideas, of a cop free drifting event, seeing as how fare wide spread they r in certain areas.

i]Modified by dak0n at 11:48 PM 12/29/2009
It sounds like you have a nice group started, As a free club (no dues), I don't foresee NICO providing you monetary assistance to rent a lot., But we do invite to join us at NICOfest Carlisle which is great opportunity for a lot of cheap LEGAL track time,

the key word is legal, if you want to avoid having the cops raiding your drift meets, you have to get the lot owners permission to do it. It;s that simple. Unfortunately, in most cases, lot owners will not rent out their lots to drifters because of the lawsuit risks and high potential for damage. Those that are willing to rent are not going to do it for free. There must be something in it for them. So expect your group to have to shell out real money to do a drift event on your own, including insurance, rent, and a security deposit, and operating stuff. How much will depend on where you rent, who you rent from, how long, and how many people to split the cOST. Better plan on a LOT of people to make it affordable, but. There are no guidelines.

In the unusual case of Niicofest Carlisle, Carlisle has graciously given us permission to use their track for drifting (and autocross), so it;s perfectly legal. The main benefit to them is the many NICO members that want to use their track will pay them admission to their PErformance and Style Show, plus it gives their other attendees something fun to watch. The benefit to us is inexpensive track time and a chance to get together and have fun.

As far as insurance at Carlisle, You do it entirely at your own risk (basically what you're doing now) You will also be signing waivers that prvent you from suing anyone if something goes wrong.

If money is an issue, or if your group is small, I would recommend you piggyback onto bigger club drift events like NICOfest. It'd be great if you could come drift with us. It's well worth the trip. If it interests you, please go to the National events page and click on the oifficial thread for information.

I hope that helps.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

^ Yep.

We'll even give your "crew" a space to park and set up and chill.

Now, you guys REALLY want to do some drifting? Come out to the Nissan Nationals in Omaha this year... ALL DAY DRIFTING on a 1.4 mile road course!!!!

dak0n
Car: 1992 white 180sx (under construction, will be done soon)

That helps alot, yeah I was expecting us to pay, weather it be nico for assisting on the setup or just to the owner, but iv gone to carlisle every year for the last 6 years, minus last year since a drunk driver took out my car right b4 it lol. and i love watchin the driftin down there, but my one concern about driftin at carlisle is the track, it basicaly looks like it will destroy ur car from all the pot holes lol.

But yeah, unfortunatly being from upstate newyork, our options for legal drift events are very limited, carlisle and even montreal (i heard rumors of the d1 being hosted up there every year) over on the west coast and more importantly southern united states, drifting events are alittle more common due to lack of snow//salt. oh well, but thanks for the info anyways, we might even have a nico moderator help us organize and event, only problem is, the desired parkinglot we use, well we prob pissed the owners off several times over lol for using it without there permission, but i might have a chance at the state fair grounds which is located within our city, they host autocross in the summer, so who knows.

EvoRay
Car: 09 cube 6spd

whats this nissan nationals in omaha greg?!!? cause i have not heard a damn thing from Dan about this!! fill me in please..or if theres already a thread on it.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

That's because Dan has a bad case of FAIL.

Check the events forum yo!

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”