NICO ECU

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
Unnatural1
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45

I'm most definitely interested. I've been thinking about doing some ECU tuning and was looking into NISTune but I don't know how well that really works with VH ECU's. It seems like it's only sort of compatible with our ECU. This would be way easier to start. Should I be concerned running the Stage III program during the 100°+ summer days in TX. I've got brand new Nissan knock sensors but it sounds like its ignoring them. Has this been tested?

BTW, yes I'm one of those Q45 owners but I can tell you my VH sees 7000rpm probably too often. ;-)

vh45degkcw

Hi guys,

Am a newbie here with this forum and first time posting..However, been viewing n monitoring this forum often..What can I say BUT what a blast...all of you guys here contributing to this forum is great...learned alot about Nissan V8 from here n you guys...BTW, Im from Malaysia..

On the Nico ecu, I am indeed very keen to pre pay n purchase a unit for my stock VH45de. I just wanna ask that since its tune using RON91 octane, what will happen if higher fuel octane is used, ie RON95 or 97..Reason im asking is my country uses min 95 n 97 (95 being the cheaper fuel). Will it knock n damage the engine??..

Also, can this ecu be tune up for twin turbo application in future...? may eventually venture this route..But for now, still trying to learn n understand how the VH45de works n will run NA for the time being with a good ecu tune up n perhaps 4 to 1 extractors..

Did send a mail to wes on this matter but havent received any reply yet, guess he's busy for now..

cheers n many thanks in advance :chuckle:

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Did I still not respond to your email? Sorry if I missed it I'm usually good about replying to that stuff

vh45degkcw

Nope, just checked my mail again but didnt receive any mail form you yet..I send the mail enquiry tis week monday..Just wanna check if you did receive my enquiry in the first place?...my mail is [email protected] revert to me on the enquiries asap via email.

Hope positive reply from you and then can use the Nico ECU n burn some rubber.. :chuckle:

Many thanks.. :yesnod

twoeightythreez
Car: 1994 G50; 1995 Caprice wagon; 1969 Buick sportwagon

I am very happy with my Nico ecu :)
So far I dont really need to switch it, i think im running it on stage 3 and usually run 92 octane, no pinging detected.
Anyone considering getting this upgrade, don't think about it, just do it!
Like others have said, it is the single most cost effective and beneficial mod you can make to your car!
The driveabity is so much improved over a stock 1994 ecu that it feels like there was a malfunction in the stock ecu.
I didnt notice it until i put the Nico one in but it is a night and day difference.
The car starts easier, idles smoother, shifts smoother, has way more midrange,
And throttle response is immediate.
For icing on the cake, the exhaust is even quieter now during normal driving.
I have deleted my after cats , deleted the rear muffler, and also replaced the resonators with glasspacks, the car is LOUD,
But with windows up at 60mph cruise, you can hardly tell the engine is running.
I cant rave enough about this ECU.
As if all that wasnt reason enough,
My gas mileage is significantly better around town, and it has a little more power at full throttle.
I fully recommend getting one of these ECU's as the very first modification.
As far as burning rubber goes,
No it still wont unless you line lock it, which is one of the things that make the Q such a sleeper.
Floor it from rest and it doesnt even chirp the tires (I have 17"s on it), it simply goes.
Then it comes on the cam and the tiger comes out, the only time the exhaust is loud inside the car. But, oh what sweet noise it is!

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”