Nick240sx - Detailed: 2010 Camaro SS - New Vehicle Prep

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
Nick240sx
Car: 2009 Ford Fusion SE Sport

A full new vehicle detail of a 2010 Camaro SS, this vehicle was purchased 4 days ago and has been with me for the last 2 days. Unfortunately it suffered some defects and such from the time between the factory and the dealership, it is also guilty for having really soft clear coat making defects even easier.

Car belongs to a good friend of mine, who's Mustang I did a week ago. He ordered this car a year ago, just arrived this week. Can't wait till we go out some night this weekend in it!

Process:Full wash, Clay bar, rewashMenzerna Intensive Polish - only on flat panels (hood, trunk and roof) - Orange padMenzerna 203 - Follow up of flat panels and the rest of the car. Optimum Poli-Seal - cured for 15 hours. Dodo Juice Supernatural - Pure Caranauba wax - Bare handsRewashed and spray waxed.

Before Photos

These picture were taken after the wash, clay bar and rewash of the vehicle. Pictures show the defects that look like hard water stains, scuffs and some smudging.

Notice the round water spots and the dull look to the paint

Before/After Defect on Fender

Before/After Hood

After of Interior - Carpets treated with Xyilon carpet protector (basically wax for carpets)

Beading Photos after third wash before spray wax

Reflection Photos - After final wash and spray wax

After Photos

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Looks good...as always.

You mention the clear being soft, I wonder if it just wasn't fully cured/hardened since it was fairly new.

uber240times2
Car: 1989 240sx hatch
2003 350z

Now that's amazing. When I saw the after shots of the hood with the reflection of your garage door, I thought you had taken a picture of the actual door and I was like "...... Ohhhhh.... that's the hood.....I understand now."

Really nice job haha

Nick240sx

May have been the case, which is why I didn't get any more intense with the polishes. I was hesitant using the Intensive polish but limited to the flat panels. However, the corvettes (C6 at least) are known for having a soft clear coat as well, not sure if the paint is shared among the two but not far fetched.

Nick240sx

haha, thank you. I was going for the fake out!

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Nick - looks great!

I'd like to drive it too! lol -do you do detailing on the side, or is it just a hobby?

Nick240sx

Thank you! It started out as a hobby, ended up being my "job" with dealerships in high school and it's developed into a side job as my skills have greatly increased while I still go to school. It still feels like a hobby to me, I just get paid more for it which is a great combo

Return to “Detailing Forum”