NGK Spark Plugs

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Shalz92
Car: Nissan 300ZX TT '94

I need to know the correct spark plugs to buy for my Z32 Build. I have an idea of which ones to buy, but whenever i ask certain mechanics they all give me different answers at times. So, I'm going to list all my mods and my power goals, so you guys can help me decide which NGK Spark plugs (cant figure which heat setting to buy) will work best for my Build. Thank you in advance.

Build: Nissan 300ZX TT (1994 body Model) & (90-93 Engine Model) [The original engine was swapped out]

MODS:

Engine:

VG30DETT (90-93) The engine itself has been hot tanked, cleaned, machined and balanced. The Heads were resurfaced and pressurized test was done completely.
Bore Size: 87.5mm
ACL Main Bearing Size: Machined .25mm
Tomei Head Gaskets 89mm x 1.2mm
Wiseco Pistons 87.5mm
Scat H-Beam Connecting Rods
New OEM Oil Pump
New OEM Oil Pan
Concept Z Rebuild Kit (Including 60K timing Belt) Here is the link: https://conceptzperformance.com/wiseco- ... p_1518.php
Turbos: GT525 (.63 Turbo Housing)
Down-pipes: Specialty Z 3 inch
AEM Methanol Injection
JEGS 555cc Injectors
Front Mounted Intercooler (forgot which brand)
GFB Geforce II Electronic Boost Controller
Nistune ECU Upgrade
Dual Pop Intake (Single Intake, with two dual heads)
Test Pipe All the Way (Exhaust)
Mishimoto Radiator
Setrab Engine Cooler
Hayden Automotive 676 Transmission Cooler

This will be a sleeper/street car build. I am aiming highest numbers i can get with the my current build (I would like to hit 500HP, but that might be wishful thinking), but at the same time try to keep it as reliable as possible. Also, anyone know what kind of motor oil i should start looking into for this build?
I am very close to finishing my build that has taken me a little over a year now. I just wanna make sure everything is done right. While i have your attention...what kind of numbers do you think i will be able to make? I will post my Dyno Numbers later and see who go the closest!

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

https://www.specialtyz.com/ngk-iridium- ... .html.html
Or OEM.

You need to let us know what fuel you will be running and who is tuning it for an educated HP guess.

Shalz92
Car: Nissan 300ZX TT '94

itsa300zx wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:11 am
https://www.specialtyz.com/ngk-iridium- ... .html.html
Or OEM.

You need to let us know what fuel you will be running and who is tuning it for an educated HP guess.
Its going to be running on 91 Octane and the car will be tuned by either by SSWORKS in Modesto, CA or Garage Z in San Jose, CA. Also, i know which NGK Spark Plugs to buy, but i don't which heat range to purchase.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Start cold and work your way to hotter as needed. You have asked an impossible question to answer.

You make zero mention of effective compression ratio and likely don't know it, making the question useless. The methanol injection makes it even worse, as it alone on or off will likely change it by at least one step. Amount of timing advance and the cam timings will change it too.

The dyno time is supposed to be used to find that out among other things. Bring more than one set of plugs in different ranges when you do it.

Running an engine with that much modding is the only way to find out heat range, you start cold to foul plugs to avoid torching the engine and work your way toward hotter.

From someone who used to build and run lots of varied engines that were heavily modded and no past info to work from doing that. Maybe you'll get lucky to find somebody that knows that exact engine modded close to where you are.........

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”