NGK Laser Iridium Plug Spark Plugs 93759 DILFR5A11

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
mtyler7807
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45 Base Model

The NGK Laser Iridium Plug Spark Plugs 93759 DILFR5A11 is not listed as a compatible plug for the F50 but I compare it to the PLFR5A11 and they are the same size, reads the same ohms and the only difference I see is it has an iridium contact on the spark contact.
Has any one used these in there q45. I'm asking because today I went to junk yard and found an Armada with like new plugs in it, I took all 4 of them and the guy at the front desk gave them to me. If it works I just got a deal on some top notch plugs. Let me know.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Looking at the specs on www.ngksparkplugs.com it looks like they physical size is the same, so I don't think you'd damage your engine with valves hitting the electrode or anything. Would I use the "wrong" used spark plugs in my engine? Probably not - but I don't think you'd hurt anything.

mtyler7807

Q451990 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:34 am
Looking at the specs on www.ngksparkplugs.com it looks like they physical size is the same, so I don't think you'd damage your engine with valves hitting the electrode or anything. Would I use the "wrong" used spark plugs in my engine? Probably not - but I don't think you'd hurt anything.
I put them in today, and I tell you,,, It has got to feel like how the car did when it was new. I have never been able to get it from 0 to 60 as fast as I did. I had the base model NGK iridium plugs in and these are better. THey just dont list them back no further than 2007 for infinti vehicles. I am going to hit the local scrap yard to see if I can grab some spark plug wire that were replaced with the same OEMs.

mtyler7807

I got to better performace from the new plugs. The ones I had were fakes!!! I ordered them from walmart when I first got the car and they were sold by walmart so I thought they were good plugs. The letters lined up too. But when I checked the ohms on all the plugs I got 2k ohms, they suppose to read a min of 4k to a max 6k ohm. With these plugs I just put in now my radio pull radio stations in. That is the symptom that you have fake plugs.

98_Q45

I’m using NGK g power, upgrading from V power. I hope to get a boost of performance once I get these stubborn plug boots off the plugs. I just did this back in August, idk why they are sticking as much as they are. Annoying. Newly replaced boots not even lasting a year

mtyler7807

98_Q45 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:40 pm
I’m using NGK g power, upgrading from V power. I hope to get a boost of performance once I get these stubborn plug boots off the plugs. I just did this back in August, idk why they are sticking as much as they are. Annoying. Newly replaced boots not even lasting a year
where did you get them. Rockauto has a set for 50 , shipping included

98_Q45

mtyler7807 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:29 am
98_Q45 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:40 pm
Which ones, the boots or the plugs? I got both from O’Reiley. Import direct. Only store that seems to carry them. I don’t think it’s a bad brand, and used their boots often, but it could have been other factors. Regardless, I was happy to be able to warranty out 4 out of the 8 plugs.

Otherwise I would do rock auto too

mtyler7807

98_Q45 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:07 pm
mtyler7807 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:29 am
Which ones, the boots or the plugs? I got both from O’Reiley. Import direct. Only store that seems to carry them. I don’t think it’s a bad brand, and used their boots often, but it could have been other factors. Regardless, I was happy to be able to warranty out 4 out of the 8 plugs.

Otherwise I would do rock auto too
I got the the Plugs from rock auto. I get my boots from the junk yards. I got a pile of them. all of the nissans will fit just about. THe 4 cylinder early 2000 Nissan sentra has compatible coil packs with boots. I saw them at the junk yard and was amazed. Tried one and I got no check engine light on my F50.

98_Q45

mtyler7807 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:11 pm
I got the the Plugs from rock auto. I get my boots from the junk yards. I got a pile of them. all of the nissans will fit just about. THe 4 cylinder early 2000 Nissan sentra has compatible coil packs with boots. I saw them at the junk yard and was amazed. Tried one and I got no check engine light on my F50.
You’re a brave heart. Considering the amount of q45s I’ve come across in the yards with horrid valve cover gasket leaks, I wouldn’t want to take the chance. And any stuck boot is mandatory getting damaged lol. Though on this last round, I actually did okay. Usually just matter of wd40 and a flathead, and mainly using the boot itself to catch and pull the stuck piece away.

In fact that was the 1st thing noticeable when I received the car: 2 boots were immersed in oil.

mtyler7807

98_Q45 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:49 pm
mtyler7807 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:11 pm
You’re a brave heart. Considering the amount of q45s I’ve come across in the yards with horrid valve cover gasket leaks, I wouldn’t want to take the chance. And any stuck boot is mandatory getting damaged lol. Though on this last round, I actually did okay. Usually just matter of wd40 and a flathead, and mainly using the boot itself to catch and pull the stuck piece away.

In fact that was the 1st thing noticeable when I received the car: 2 boots were immersed in oil.
Thats about 50% of the cars at the junk yard. Mine was like that. I put some high heat rtv around the top where the plug shaft meets the vavle cover and no more leak. I paid $100 for some used coils on ebay, Im just stocking on every part I see, I might start me a NICO ebay store. IDK. Virginia is like one big junk yard, any car you want a part from we have it. there are 14 salvage yards within 45mins of my house.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bAchut5lvKY

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”