NFS Shift 2 Unleashed

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

Anybody else bought this yet? I picked it up the other day and it is AWESOME, the detail is even better than before, the game play is a bit frustrating at first but it's still fun once you get the hang of it. They have a bunch more 80's and 90's Tuners in this game, R32 Skyline, Mark I VW GTI, RX7 FC, BMW E30 M3, ect. I lot more old school wheel and design choices too, along with fixing the vinyl modification, which I despised in the first Shift.

The only complaints I have are they took out the Score Multiplier, which rocked for drift mode because you could rack up XP points FAST, and you have to sit through a lot of annoying videos at first. Other than that, it's a solid game, and it's a huge improvement over the big bag of fail called Hot Pursuit :squint:

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

YES! I was just ganna make a thread about this. At first yes it was difficult and still is semi-hard to control a car, especially with a RWD car or wak suspension setup. I got the limited edition so I got an S15 and a lambo LMP640 I think it was, for $free.99.

I never played the first Shift but I think its a great game! The detail is accurate with interiors and shapes, and very well done while driving. It has alot of the little detail that make a difference too like being able to look left/right, helmet cam, great damage, etc. You can actually tell what the engine is if you rip your hood off. Tuning is good but I wish it was in a different format than level 1-10, but that's minor. Im finding drifting very difficult too, but Ive only played it once or twice.

Its a fun game, go pick it up!

Edit: yeah Hot Pursuit was really bad. I could tell that from the demo, that's why I never bought it haha.

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

alms24sebring wrote:Im finding drifting very difficult too, but Ive only played it once or twice.

Edit: yeah Hot Pursuit was really bad. I could tell that from the demo, that's why I never bought it haha.
Yeah I actually traded Hot Pursuit in, along with some other games, to get this. They gave me $30 for HP too! :bigthumb: I picked up the Limited Edition as well, which since I had played Hot Pursuit and Shift 1, they gave me a ton of cash and cool cars.

I feel like even though it's hard to control everything at first, it's really just more precise, so it hones your driving skills quicker. The drift mode is easy once you get used to it, it's just more touchy than before, but i've grown to like it now after a few runs.

alms24sebring

Dam $30, lucky you. I remember reading about that, what do you get and how much cash?

Its not a bad thing, I like the challenge. I thought the S15 was difficult to control, but everything else was a little easier. It takes time to get used to but the better faster cars are heading my way. Im just taking it slow starting from the slow races instead of beefing up any and all cars just wasting money.

Kompresshun
Administrator

alms24sebring wrote:Dam $30, lucky you. I remember reading about that, what do you get and how much cash?

Its not a bad thing, I like the challenge. I thought the S15 was difficult to control, but everything else was a little easier. It takes time to get used to but the better faster cars are heading my way. Im just taking it slow starting from the slow races instead of beefing up any and all cars just wasting money.
Yeah Gamestop was running a deal last week, where if you're a PowerUp Rewards member, they gave you 40% more trade in value on all Xbox360 games. I cleaned up last week, I traded in 6 games and made $75, which most of them were like $5-10 games in the store, and I didn't play them anymore either.

I want to say it was like $60,000 in game credits, Lamborghini from NFS HP, Pagani Zonda R, and a few other cars.

Yeah I started with the S15 as well, but I dumped it soon after for some other stuff. For the lower races i'm using an Audi S4, RX7 FC and the R32 Skyline. For drifting i'm using the Shelby Cobra, Lexus ISF, and the Team NFS RX8. I have a habit of buying all the cool and more expensive cars I want with Xbox Live points here and there, then I can just spend my cash on the cheap cars and upgrades :mike

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

I might end up ditchign my copy of Test Drive Unfinished 2 along with some other dust collectors (IL2) and I've heard a couple of good things about Shift 2. Next to it there's nothing I was really looking forward to until LA Noire hits in May, just in time for my birthday. ;)

alms24sebring

Buy it!

ok so I was not really liking the training session with the S13 but after doing some races, drifting in the game is fun. I use the S14 of course with mild to mid mods depending on the level. Its still alittle bit unpredictable but way better thann the first time. That S13 was way too slippery and loose for me. Up to 30% in career.

Return to “Gaming”