NFL's back. Your preseason predictions?

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Well, besides Brett "let me show you my weenie" Favre talking about unretiring yet again for a contender.

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

what?? I hope he does come back and while standing in the pocket, trying to focus on where his receivers, he gets his head taken off and once and for all has to retire!

back on a relevant topic, as think this will be an interesting season. There have already been a lot of moves made, especially with the pats. Sadly out of all of this, the fans still lose ultimately (tickets are still way overpriced) But it'll should be great to watch. At least there will be an entertaining sport on TV again...lol

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

orangeNblue wrote:what?? I hope he does come back and while standing in the pocket, trying to focus on where his receivers, he gets his head taken off and once and for all has to retire!

back on a relevant topic, as think this will be an interesting season. There have already been a lot of moves made, especially with the pats. Sadly out of all of this, the fans still lose ultimately (tickets are still way overpriced) But it'll should be great to watch. At least there will be an entertaining sport on TV again...lol
I think the Pats look they upgraded, I'm not a Ocho Cinko fan, but the man has skiils when he fits his head inside his helmet.

I also see the Jets getting better. Jet-Pats should be entertainig too. Though I'm curious about the Iggles signing a 3rd all-pro cornerback, when they had Assante Samuel under contract.

bigbadberry3

Anyone but Pitt.

orangeNblue

anyone but the jets is more like it!

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

orangeNblue wrote:anyone but the jets is more like it!

As in Rex Ryan's "agony of 'da feet"?

orangeNblue

ah rex ryan...a prime example that in the NFL winning is more about money and less about coaching...lol

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

orangeNblue wrote:ah rex ryan...a prime example that in the NFL winning is more about money and less about coaching...lol
True, but there is entertainment value having a foot fetishist as a head coach.
:)

orangeNblue

lol the jets do have entertainment value. I remember lmao one day with my girlfriend because this jets player was naming off all of his children. Most with separate mothers of course.

But back on the topic of football, I think the Pats will be sick this year. They've got some great picks and maybe their team can pull off a superbowl. On another note, I really did like the fact that Manning took a pay cut to help bring in more talent to his team.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

orangeNblue wrote:lol the jets do have entertainment value. I remember lmao one day with my girlfriend because this jets player was naming off all of his children. Most with separate mothers of course.

But back on the topic of football, I think the Pats will be sick this year. They've got some great picks and maybe their team can pull off a superbowl. On another note, I really did like the fact that Manning took a pay cut to help bring in more talent to his team.
Brandon Jacobs of the Giants did the same thing so they could resign Ahmad Bradshaw, which I thought was pretty awesome too. Though as a Giant fan, I'm concerned about Osi Umenyura going public with his complaint about being underpaid in the last two years of a front end loaded contract. I like him as a player, but he needs to STFU and have his agent negotiate with management privately.

orangeNblue

I agree, but i think when it comes to professional sports, all the people whining about money should just STFU...I mean honestly, I would be happy to get paid to play any professional sport. He's basically paid to work out and play the sport he enjoys. I would say that they should have better benefits that help with severe career ending injuries, but saying that they aren't getting paid enough....come on

That's just my opinion though....the whole money situation just bothers me

ThatGuyRoger
Car: 08 Super Black Altima Coupe 2.5S

Pats are looking pretty strong this season...but as a Cowboys fan, not hardcore, I'm hoping a better season than last years. on a side note, will there be any NICO fantasy football going on?

orangeNblue

that sounds like a good idea actually

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

As for the good ol Redskins.. I always hope for atleast an 8-8 season, but somehow someway its always disappointing. People are saying 6 wins is stretching it, other stupid people are claiming SuperBowl.. GET REAL GUYS!

As long as we beat the Cowboys Im moderately happy. Im just glad we got rid of fata$$ Haynesworth-less. Did you hear, he only practiced once last week and hasnt returned. No reason why. Guess what, not our problem anymore haha!!

But, Im not so happy we got rid of McNabb, I liked him. I just hope we can get it together this year and atleast look competitive and not the laughing stock of the NFL. :tisk: :tisk: Im startin to piss myself off already...

sbird1
Car: 2006 BMW 325i

Detroit kicked the crap out of New England last night. I was happy about that. Bronco's are my team and they are looking pretty good, particularly the defense. I'm hoping for a good season this year.

orangeNblue

sbird1 wrote:Detroit kicked the crap out of New England last night. I was happy about that. Bronco's are my team and they are looking pretty good, particularly the defense. I'm hoping for a good season this year.
Still just preseason, but yeah it sucked watching the pats get picked apart. Hopefully they'll pull things together for the season.

Broncos should have a really good season this year...i think it's funny that everyone's favorite player isn't even a starter. I have to admit tho, even I wish that tebow was at the helm. especially when they are playing the pats

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

orangeNblue wrote:
sbird1 wrote:Detroit kicked the crap out of New England last night. I was happy about that. Bronco's are my team and they are looking pretty good, particularly the defense. I'm hoping for a good season this year.
Still just preseason, but yeah it sucked watching the pats get picked apart. Hopefully they'll pull things together for the season.

Broncos should have a really good season this year...i think it's funny that everyone's favorite player isn't even a starter. I have to admit tho, even I wish that tebow was at the helm. especially when they are playing the pats

I wouldn't worry about the Pats. Belichick probably won't have anyone in the stands stealing signals til the regular season... :chuckle: j/k

Tebow is getting some real abuse by the media recently. Even Boomer Esiason ripped him pretty hard which surprised me. I haven't seen Tebow play. Whaasup with him?

orangeNblue

No we do that in the preseason too. Belichick makes EVERYONE practice. lol

Tebow doesn't quite have the quarterback awareness yet. He takes off, and can get some good yardage out of it, but he doesn't really have a strong pocket awareness. Plus his passes aren't as spot on as a NFL caliber QB needs to be. He definitely has the talent, but he will be back-up until he can bring it all together.

On a side note, I hear Cam Newton may have the starting position on the Panthers. I thought that was pretty interesting.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Speaking of QB's, The Iggles just backed the Brink's truck up to Michael Vick's front door.$100million or so for 6 years with $40mill guaranteed. What an incredible roller coaster ride for him. Not long ago he was sitting in jail and bankrupt. Do you think he's worth the money?

orangeNblue

Last year he sure acted like he was worth some cash...but in all honesty that's a bated question for me because I don't believe any player is worth that much money...in fact I don't believe anyone is worth half that much but its our fault for making the NFL the greedy cash cow it is now. And every thug, sorry I mean player that has a half descent season thinks they're worth a franchise title now, so I think the lock out was the beginning of the worst that is yet to come. just my .02

Return to “The Sports Bar”