next mod

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
Ish
Car: Daytona Blue 350z Track

wondering what to do next.... on my list of stuff im thinking of...

headers,clutch/clutch housing,flywheel

or somthing else

just wondering what other peeps think, or have experience in there car

currently have (intake/cat back exhaust/grounding wires)

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Jeff,

Why dont you save up for a major Mod?

A lot of guys that have the craving for Mods give in step by step and in the end spend 10k which is 3 k more than a fully sorted/tuned/installed/J&S'ed SC and have less speed..

I know you are concerned about warranty but keep in mind that (other than R Nissan) many delaers void yours for minor stuff like cams.

Speaking of cams I believe the JWT Cams are a real useful mod acording to anyone I ever talked to, that has them.

Fred..

PS: Thanks for showng up to our meet

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

Fred, cams are in no way minor. It requires shimming, propper clearance and a lot of things that could easily cause motor problems. Even on my KA cams were not a "minor" modification in the last, They controll how, when and for how long the engine breathes and exhales, so I find it completely correct for Nissan to void a motor warranty if you take the head apart and slap new cams in that arguably may not be installed correctly, have the same tollerances, etc that the factory part did...

Either way, none of the items he listed should cause issues...and all except the headers could be used with both forms of forced induction...

My question is, Do you have an exhaust yet? Intake, etc?

WHere are you now, and what are your goals? What do you want the car to do, etc?

-Chet

PalmerWMD

Chet I agree..I had orignally something other than cams there and when I edited 'cuz I thought cams were a more interesting reference I forgot to take out the "minor"

Fred..

PS: I wonder what value ( if any) cams will rbing to the table if FI is later introduced?

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

Depending on the cam profile it could help greatly. COnservative cam profiles (much like the JWT and NISMO ones) would more than likely boost the mid-top end on a turbo..but it mgiht play a little bit of hell on the engines low end, with the added back pressure (turbo) and pulley drain (SC), but from my understanding, the only problem you run into with FI and cams is matching them up propperly...

I think it would be neat to see someone dyno a greddy or ATI twin turbo setup with and without cams..

Anyone wanna donate 10k?:p

-Chet

Ish

I like the nismo parts so im going to stick with those... i know is a little more $$$ and a little less performance but am sold on the quality and fit of the parts.

Yes I already have cat-back exhaust and cold air intake...

One reason for doing the mod now is they are pulling the car apart to replace the tranny under warrenty.... so to do the headers now is several hundered dollars in labor saved

thats is the direction I am thinking.. also i want to keep the car N/A... it's my first not blown car and its kinda fun to have it that way.

Plus can't beat the sound of headers growling under the hood can you

Ish

PalmerWMD wrote:
PS: Thanks for showng up to our meet
hell yeah... it was awesome! think the fiancee is going to make an appearence at the next one... maybe we can avoid the ghetto on our way to the next meet too

PalmerWMD

Ish wrote:. maybe we can avoid the ghetto on our way to the next meet too
Next time we'll take I95..Did you see how I95 was right next to the Park?

Fred..

PS: If you can save labor on headers right now do it good opportunities shant be wastyed.Also while headers would be a waste if you ever go turbo, they wont be a waste but actually a huge help if you ever go supercharger..

Ish

true... prob gonna stay na with the car... but if anything in the future it would be a super probably... cleaner and more reliable

headers are a good step right now too... that will complete my air in / out for what I want ... intake, exhaust, and headers (minus catalytic converter)

Next spring I think will be suspension and body (if anything) possibly nismo body kit with a Seibon hood

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”