mdrudge wrote:- Cupholders in rear doors- Rear HVAC Vent
- In lieu of a small V6, improved HP/TQ combo in the 180-200 range with appropriate adjustments to maintain current MPGs.
- There is a retractable cup holder at the rear of the center console.
- The HVAC vents on the Rogue are located under the driver's and passenger's seats and is the norm for most 4dr vehicles. Unless you are expecting overhead vents or ones located higher up at the rear of the center console. That's not a bad idea...
- Power wise, the QR25DE is comparable with similar 4cyl engines in it's class. However, the improvements you are suggesting are already available: the QR25DE from the Sentra SE-R Spec-V:
- 200 hp @ 6,600 rpm- 180 lb-ft of torque @ 5,200 rpm
That's an increase of 30hp and 5 lb-ft of torque. It comes at a price though:
- It requires premium fuel- The power band is substantially higher in the rpm range. This means less low end torque/power. In effect the Spec-V motor will only get the higher performance when wrung out to it's redline. This is not something you want to do in everyday traffic.
To get the magic 200hp number, keep a similar low rpm torque, and use regular unleaded fuel is going to require either: a turbocharger or an increase in displacement to something close to 3.0L. Personally I would like to see Nissan do a small turbocharged 4 cyl.