Next Generation M45 Coming Early

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Jason B

This info was posted on the FA board by the owner/manager of an Infiniti dealer that has direct contact with Infiniti.

"It seems the new date for the all new next generation M45 has been moved up a little and is now scheduled for 1st quarter of 2004, just a little over a year from now. "

So, next year there will be a brand new redesigned M45. They could have waited a little longer, don't you think. I think that would have been a smarter move for Infiniti.

911/Q45
Car: Autos, Fitness

I think this sort of thing has such a long lead time that it's tough to shift the momentum. Best guess is that when the economy was roaring Infiniti wanted to make a big splash with lots of new models as fast as possible.

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

Jason B wrote:They could have waited a little longer, don't you think. I think that would have been a smarter move for Infiniti.

Why smarter to wait if it's not selling?

There's no such thing as long term strategy in the auto industry. The key to being successful is the ability to make changes quickly.

Infiniti is not worried about discouraging the handful of buyers who bought the current model. Their money is in the bank already.

Jason B

The car just came out as a new model for us in the USA for 2003. They should have just waited and debuted it for 2004 when it will be all new.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”