Newcomer + noise problem on FX45

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
FXfrance
Car: Infiniti FX45 2005

Hi to all,

I have just entered the forum today. As I am French, I would like to apologize for my English which is far to be perfect.I live in South West of France and I am the proud owner of a FX45/2005, bought new in Florida at Coast Infiniti Dealership in Sarasota. My car has a mileage of 55000 miles. I have encountered some problems with it : I had to replace both gaz gauges, but the worse is about wheels and brakes. I had to change the brake discs and it is very difficult to get a good balance of the wheels; I have change 3 times of tires brands : Good Year/General and now Continental, but maybe the problem comes from the original chrome wheels which are not from the best quality ? Anyway, I am used to these little shortcomings and, the biggest problem comes now from an annoying noise ("low frequency") located around the front wheels (or the engine) stronger at about 40miles/h, 60, 80 and 120. What is your opinion ?Thanks.Yves.

chemao
Car: 2019 Tesla Model 3 - preordered
1997V2 AM General H1 with 6.6L Duramax (LML) running biodiesel swap
2015 Lexus CT200H
2003 Hummer H2 with 6.5L Detroit Turbodiesel swap

Try some different pads, or a quick fix is spray some WD40 on the rotors just before you drive for a week or so. It will help to smooth out the new rotors you replaced, which in turn should help alleviate the noise.

FXfrance

Hi,Thanks for the answer. I don't think the noise could come from the new rotors (EBC, solid), because the noise has appeared about 8000 miles after I have changed them, but I am going to fix some new pads anyway to see. I have used a pair of EBC "yellow stuff" pads, maybe they are recommended for my FX ?Thanks.Yves.

FXfrance

I was meaning "not" recommended....

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”