newbie, with a Q., and an idea

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
wanabe240esx

ok, first post, no im not nervous, just tired, heres my futal attemp to pose the worst

as of late i have been interested in the 240's, light-weight,rwd, so on, but to just have fun with a ca rlike this takes money, this idea popped into my head, "why dont i grab a turbo and manifold off another nissan and slap it on", which was followed by the realization that chances are one in a million my idea will work

Q. Will the turbo manifold from an 84-86 200sx with the CA18ET FIT, yes BOLT_ON, to the KA24D(or single)E engines?

Q. if so what does the comp use to read the airflow, same MAS?(dont know what kind Nissan uses yet, bare with me, im a TOYO guy)

Q.am i just an idiot for posting this because its been talked about and i falied to use this mysterios "search" feature?

if you answered "yes" to any of these question, **** if ANYONE answers any of these questions, thanx but im curious and i can only wait so long before................:confused: :confused: :confused:

thanx again-Alex

ka24de_510

there would be multiple problems with that setup, even if you could make one fit.

a) 1.8L vs 2.4L will cause your turbo to spool up very quickly and die before your engine even gets revving, not to mention the restriction on the exhaust gases.

b) ca18ets are well known for cracking their own manifolds and turbo oil/coolant lines while still producing a whopping 130hp.

if you're that strapped for cash, look at building your own manifold and paying some exhaust shop a few dollars to weld the pieces together for you.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

The CA manifold will NOT bolt up to the KA engines.

All Nissan's use a MAF system to meter air, NOT an air density system. Well, either that, or they are carbourated :)

wanabe240esx

thanx guys, i think yur iformative information just destroyed my self esteem, but who needs that?

its not that im strapped for cash, well im a student, of course i am, its just theres a free manifold and turbo, and well, your right, they are only making 130 hp and at the most 150, looks like i would be n/a for a bit(when i get the dammm car), no prob

thanx guys

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

if that destroyed your self esteem, you cant be a very secure person to start with...

wanabe240esx

ninjak84 wrote:if that destroyed your self esteem, you cant be a very secure person to start with...

no, more like i thought i was a genius for coming up with that idea, little did i know ho wrong i was:thinker

ChickenBoo

wanabe240esx wrote:no, more like i thought i was a genius for coming up with that idea, little did i know ho wrong i was:thinker

We're always happy to shoot down someone's hopes or dreams. Feel free to come with an even dumber one. ; )

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”