Newbie To The Infiniti Brand with issues

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Pureplayer
Car: '12 M56S

Hi Guys and Gals, Im new to the Infiniti brand as I made my purchase of a CPO 2012 M56S last September. I came from driving an '08 Lexus GS350 (which i loved) but the switch over has been bitter sweet thus far. This is mainly due to the poor customer service of the dealer that i purchased the car from ( Infiniti Of South Atlanta) and now from the car itself. Now i'm not a hard person to please and the car itself is a dream to drive as it has all the bells & whistles installed but the car currently sits at the dealer for the third time for the same clicking sound from the rear axle. Now It all started as I looked for a M56s with black leather (as i have young kids) and the only available car was in the Atlanta area and i live in central Florida. I made the journey and traded my faithful GS and fell instantantly in love with this CPO m56S. It was a great deal and this 400+ mile trip back to FL was a thrill ride back. But after 2 weeks i started hearing a clicking from P to D and vice versa. So I took it to Orlando Infiniti and they said the rear axles needed grease and that it was not covered on under the CPO warranty. So I politely contacted Infiniti corporate and the dealership i purchased it from and they take care of the issue after numerous phone calls. A month later the same issue pops up with the clicking and Orlando Infiniti takes care of the issue and I'm back on the road again. Now 4 months and 5000 miles later the same clicking issue arises again. So i setup an appointment with Orlando Infiniti again and while driving there the SES light comes on and i start smelling coolant. So I crossed my fingers and made it there and currently have a loaner.
I then later that day receive an interesting call from my service advisor stating that my car was not listed as a CPO in the Infiniti database (now I'm about to blow a head gasket). So now for the last day i've been calling to get this resolved but the fine folks at Infiniti Of South Atlanta is to busy to pick up the phone to both me and my service advisor.
My question to you M56 drivers is this clicking rear end a known issue?
Whats the resolution for a permanent fix?
In addition I'm I right to have a bad taste of the Infiniti brand after all my obstacles? or not?
Lastly have any of you guys have had a dealership experience like this?

sorry about the long post.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

As with the other thread of the gentleman who's car has spent like 60% of his ownership in the shop, this is not normal for Infiniti's. I've had two M's (an 07 and my current 11) and in the 6 years I've had them they've spent maybe a total of a month in the shop (most of that time being waiting for parts to arrive while I had a loaner).

I will ALWAYS consider a Nissan product (I also had two Maxima's which lasted till the mid-100kmi range without issue).

Sorry to hear you're having such an issue. It's not common by any means as I don't remember seeing a post about this from anyone else.

Perhaps our resident Infiniti tech BlackCat81 can chime in when he gets a minute...

funkizm
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37X

Have to second Ilya. I've had an Altima SE-R, G35X, and now M37X. That is definitely atypical for the service of Nissan and especially Infiniti.

Pureplayer

Now I love the nissan brand as i've personally owned 3 maxima's and my dad has also owned a d21 pickup and now a d22 diesel frontier. All of these cars never gave us major issues but this is unbelievable.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Yeah, definitely sucks to hear.

Sometimes, with anything mass produced, some of the products are just not up to snuff. My dad's 2014 Pathfinder blew the CVT transmissions in like the first 7000 miles. New one has been fine though.

Perhaps try another dealer? You say you go to one in Orlando (update your profile so we know where you're at), so perhaps go to Tampa/St. Pete and see a dealer there? Maybe they'll have more luck in figuring out the issue? Not a terrible drive, did it many times (I usually fly into Tampa and make a trip to Orlando).

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

I have a hard time believing that the selling dealer would misrepresent the CPO coverage like that. I'd check the paperwork and make sure the car is listed as CPO in the bill of sale. Looks like a call to Infiniti Customer Affairs in in order. This is way below the standard of service I ever experienced.

Pureplayer

Well they actually did forget to input my car into the Infiniti database as a CPO. So today my service advisor called me and said that they provided the necessary information so work on my car is on the way. The only thing puzzling is my service advisor told me that my coolant spill came from a leaking thermostat housing and a bad lower radiator hose. But according to the selling dealer CPO check list states that the belts and hoses was replaced and a coolant flush was performed. But I'm being optimistic and not letting any car nor dealer stress me at this moment.
I will keep you guys informed thou.
Thanks for the inputs guys.

Ilya

Man, that's some crappy customer service from the original dealer. Glad you got it CPO'ed though.

M37xfan
Car: Traded in 2012 Infiniti M37x

Make sure you make it known on your survey that you received bad service from the dealer when you get your survey.. :mad:

EmersonHart13
Car: 2015 Q70L 3.7 AWD

Ilya wrote:As with the other thread of the gentleman who's car has spent like 60% of his ownership in the shop, this is not normal for Infiniti's. .
This is me! Current calculation is just a hair under 37% of the time in the shop after 368 days of ownership.

heat-issues-front-and-rear-temps-different-t604979.html
and
Full Details: http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/a ... ost3217010

Ilya is right though, everyone I now with an Infiniti doesn't have issues.... They all say I am having their problems and my problems for them.

Ilya

Looks like I exaggerated a bit at your expense :P.

But yeah, generally speaking, these are good cars.

EmersonHart13

No worries, my friends have been a never ending stream of jokes for months....

Pureplayer

Well its been 6 days since i dropped my car off at the dealer and now it's just entered into the database as a CPO. My service advisor called and said it should be ready tomorrow. The Q50 loaner i got is nice but i really miss my v8.
Thanks for the inputs guys.

EmersonHart13

I try not to take a Q50... I just don't like them

M37xfan
Car: Traded in 2012 Infiniti M37x

EmersonHart13 wrote:I try not to take a Q50... I just don't like them

Yeah I don't care for the double screens

Ilya

I thought they would be cool myself but they got old quick. Q70 > Q50 all day.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I agree. The Q50 only beats or Ms with the headlamps. Mine has the upgraded Osrams but the Q50 is slightly better. As for the doublke screens, not a fan in the least. That's the major reason I lost interest in the Tesla. That huge screen is an eye sore and the inside of the doors is just too plain.

Ilya

I don't know if it's because my front windshield has 50% tint (not that dark)...but the Q50 headlights (especially highbeam) were easily twice as powerful as my highbeams. With with the Osrams.

EmersonHart13

M37xfan wrote:
EmersonHart13 wrote:I try not to take a Q50... I just don't like them

Yeah I don't care for the double screens
Yup, I don't need 'INTEL Inside' my car...

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”