Newbie - suspension noises

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
avknav
Car: JX35

I have a subtle clunk noise from the rear of vehicle when I accelerate from a stop as well similar noise from right front. It is almost as if something is rolling around loose but, I have checked and removed all storage, tightened the spare and even the bumper cover.

When I rock the car heavily I can here a creaking from the left side rear multi-link suspension....I have tried to check all the control arm bushings, the sway bar and the shock but, I cannot determine the origin of the noise.

Has anyone else experienced this or can here the rear suspension when they rock the car.

Thanks

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hi there,

I have seen a few random noises in the back of a few JXs. The best advise I can give you is figure out how to show it to the technician when you take it to the dealer to get this fixed. Even if it is obvious I recommend asking to have the foreman or a technician ride with you to make sure you are both on the same page when it comes to what exactly you want them to fix.

Good Luck,

avknav
Car: JX35

Thanks,
I finally took it in to the dealer last week. A technician quickly determined that the driver's side rear shock was the source. It is now replaced (warranty) and it's incredible the difference and i put up with it for so long.
Case closed

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”