Newbie question about the Pathfinder 2001 2wd/4wd/awd system

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Jon83
Car: Shopping for a Pathfinder

I'm currently looking for a pathfinder 2001 LE and someone just offered me a 2001 LE 2WD ..

Is there more then one traction option on the LE model?

I've been looking at reviews for the pathfinder and they only mention the all-mode AWD...

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

vliou

I'm almost a trillion percent sure that only the AUTO system is available.

It is the best. Nothing comes close --well maybe except the front / rear / center diffs on the G-Class. But if you're offroading (which you can...but not too NUTS offroading), there's no point.

The limited slip diff is available on the QX4 with a coldweather package (or standard if you buy in Canada), not sure about the pathy.

Get it! Not that you need it, but so you can show off how an open diff differs (pun intended) from a limited-slip diff.

Jon83
Car: Shopping for a Pathfinder

vliou wrote:I'm almost a trillion percent sure that only the AUTO system is available.

It is the best. Nothing comes close --well maybe except the front / rear / center diffs on the G-Class. But if you're offroading (which you can...but not too NUTS offroading), there's no point.
The only reason i'm getting a Pathfinder is to tow my aluminium boat ... and for the space in the back for my dog. I read MANY reviews and it's the suppose to be one of the best SUV all-around.. Right after the 4Runner..

I was just a little concern when the guy said it was 2wd.. Because if it is.. there is no point for me to sell my maxima!

Thanks for the reply!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”