Newbie, nice to be here

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
pancito
Car: CARS!!!

Hi i'm a newbie to RWD World, i had a DSM before but got stolen and i had to buy something quick, well a 96 240SX came buy and it was a something i couldn't resist.

Just one thing, what are the difference on the SE and normal models? or you guys are going to make me read the complete FAQ's :thinker

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Hola pancito,

Welcome to the Nissan world! RWD is kinda fun isn't it? The SE is loaded with power options that didn't come on the base model cars. Cruise control is another option that I think was standard on the SE. Your car is known as an "S14". I drive a '92 240, which was known as the "S13" from '89 to '94. Some SE's came with a limited slip differential, but not too many. The SE also had a 5 lug wheel bolt pattern, whereas the base model was still a four bolt pattern in '96, if memory serves correctly. The only downside that I see to the SE is additional weight over the base model.

Am I missing anything? If so, I'm sure I will be corrected!

Any pics of your car? Five speed or auto?

kilipo4
Car: scuba diving, hunting, cars, women, drunkenness

Doesn't the SE also have a fatter antisway bar?

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

SE has the following the LEs dont:

30mm struts vs. 26mm strutsWhite Face GaugesA chance of a LSD (comes optional with ABS)Stiffer Sway BarsKeyless Entry (Generally)5-Lug HubsAlloy Wheels Fog LightsLip Spoiler (optional)

Perhaps a few other things but thats all I can think of

Return to “240sx General Discussion”