Newbie needs some help please!!

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Lopaka

I just got an 89 240sx w/2.4L. I'd like to have the HP up to about 160 to 170 hp. What kind of bolt ons can I buy for this engine? And can someone suggest a good site to get parts from? Anyone that can just give me a list of awesome parts to buy would be great. Thanks guys.

Rob:ylsuper

Also: how do I know if I have the ka24e or da24de?? thanks again.

Xero

KA24E--SOHC, came on 89-90KA24DE--DOHC, came on 91-98

You own a KA24E SOHC

Since you just got it, I suggest replaceing OE parts, like spark plugs, cap, rotor, wires. Just simply getting your car back to a good starting point.

After that I cn only suggest Intake, Header, Exhaust, some sort of Clutch(stock one doesn't hold enough IMO), a JWT ECU Tune, & Under-drive Pulley's.

That may, or may not get you to your goal. My DOHC dynoed at about 135hp, so you can get an idea of how much yours has. I have very few miles and the stronger engine. Those mods should make your car plenty quicker for Stage-I tuning.

After that you can get a cam, and maybe Nitrous. Or you can go for a turbo, up to you.

Lopaka

thanks alot xero, that helps alot man...I have an auto so the clutch won't do me much good. I know in my s10 I can do a shift kit, that will make it shift alot better, can I do a shift kit on the 240? Also, after the intake, header,exhaust, will a ignition kit and jet chip or some other kind help out much? thanks again man.

96_S14_SE
Car: 96 S14 SE - 05 VW GTI 1.8t - 89 S13 coupe "gold on brown"

Only place I know of for nissan aftermarket tranny tuning it Level 10. They are the best there is AFAIK but it will cost you. Its like 700$ for the rubuild / upgraded internal parts, about a grand for a new tourque converter and I think in the range of 3 - 4 hundred for their vavle body modification.

The nissan autotranny is a pig and will eat alot of horsepower btw. I should be running in the 15 - 15.1 range but with my auto I cant break a 15.7. 15.702 was my best time to date.

Ignition wont really help either unless you are flowing more air and more fuel into the engine.

Lopaka

thanks 96

Xero

155hp is at the flywheel, buddy. the 240sx is about 130-135 at the wheels.

Lopaka

that is true, you lose energy as it travels through the parts. isn't that why you can buy the real light wieght parts? light wieght drive shaft...stuff like that??? help restore some power right? Just wanted to let you guys know, I used to be a Honda guy, I had a 89 2.0 si, but that was totaled when I fell asleep. The wreck paralyzed me from the waist down, so I bought a 92 s10 because I thought it'd be easier for me to get in a plus I have the bed for my chair. But as much as I love the power of my truck, I was dying to be back behind the wheel of a sport car, so here I am rebuilding a 240sx that my sis was in a wreck with...check out the pic of my wrecked honda...pretty scary stuff at the web site at the bottom .and OH, I still have the s10...it's my SPL vehicle......2 15" eclipse aluminums on a Tsunami 1000d!!! yeah baby!!!!!:ylsuper check out my truck at http://sounddomain.com/id/bassheavychevy

TrueSlide
Car: Stuff

At the crank? Why? The power only matters when it hits the ground. But ya when dyno tuning to the wheels ppl tend to cheat. Like spray a fire entingushier into the intercooler, and have ppl sit down on the rearend to keep it down, to pull that extra HP out of it. In a race how many ppl r gonna be sitting in on back?

Xero

Dyno's will never be as accurate as people wnat, it's just a rough estimate, unless you do it right and take the run in 3rd gear.

I don't think people have the time to pull a engine, dyno it, and throw the thing back in.

And I don't care if your a Mod, you need to get some manners. In fact, since you ARE a mod you need some manners. Seeing your post count, looks like osmeone post whores, less than 2 months and you got 898. You better watch who you play big too, you may know some stuff, but there're people that know more, so don't go posting around like you know everything on the face of the planet.

Good Day :)

Xero

Just 'cause I've only posted 22 times on THIS board, doesn't mean I've not posted plenty of other times on other boards,

most of the time, I don't feel that I need to post, or I don't feel like posting.

But what do I care about what you think of me, and what do you care what I think of you, just go about our own business. good bye,

TrueSlide
Car: Stuff

OMFG, LOL, K-Car I think u get funnier post by post. U need to get into the thousands :)

Lopaka

you guys are whoreing up my thread...:rolleyez

Lopaka

naw it's all good

Daunttless

Silvia, you may wish to be less abrasive, especially in regards to K. He tends to hold grudges and I really don't want him hounding after your blood, in the same sense I don't want you hounding after him. Do you get the message I'm trying to send to you? If not, let me be clearer, you need to take a step back, re-evaluate your behavior, then come back and make some friends. From where you stand now, not too many people seem to enjoy your commentary or demeanor, Jesse has commented on it, K has commented on it, even I commented on it a while ago. I hope I"ve been clear, please enjoy your day.

Silviagirl79
Car: I love Silvias, Skylines, Soul Calibur II, and GT3

It's funny how you all have set rules for the people on this board. But don't follow the rules yourself. Lost is the rudest of the bunch and you seem to accept that. I don't have a problem letting go of it. It just seems a lot of people are offended by him, why should that be acceptable?

Daunttless

Lost has a lot of knowledge, Lost also provides a lot of useful postings. Generally, the only people who find Lost rude are the ones he is abusing at that point. We all abuse each other, however most of it isn't malicious. However, there are always exceptions to the rule. He provides a lot of useful information, you don't. It's one thing to have no knowledge and be here to learn, we don't begrudge people that, we love that, thats the whole purpose for us to exist is to share information. However, we don't love it when members who are lacking knowledge are belligerant in their responses to members that do have a lot of knowledge and help a lot of people, I don't read many of your posts so maybe I'm biased in that the only experience I have with you were your postings in the SR20 forum about flashoptions. However, judging from the fact that K provided a useful response and thus far I haven't seen that you have, I'm going to have to side with him on this one. If you think its unfair, maybe you should look at the way that you act in addition to the way everyone else acts. Theres usually a reason if we're hostile. Enjoy your day!

Ceptos
Car: 95 240sx

i can see immaturity has struck again....

what is the point in getting a dyno at all...if you get it at the crank, you are not considering money spent/not spent in between the crank and the rear wheels...if you get it done at the wheels...well we all know that is barely worth anything. im not an advocate of a dyno period. id say the real test is where u r putting ur money...if u want a fast 1/4, then track ur time improvements, this obviously also takes weight into consideration...after all our cars are not engines sitting in a crate with a spinning crank shaft....are they? but hey thats just me.

id say its more opinions and trying to be right (or just reitteration of common sense), then it is trying to be helpful.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”