Newbie---looking at a 1970 Datsun 2000

Fairlady, Datsun Sports, Roadsters... whatever you want to call them, this is the place to discuss the Datsun SPL311 and SRL311!
mlangbauer

All,

Just found the board and looking forward to hearing your opinions. Question, I am looking at a 1970 Datsun 2000. What am I getting into? The car currently doesn't run but turns over. Do these engines have timing chains? Are they pretty reliable? Are the dual carbs easy (relatively) to tune?Thanks!Matt

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

yeah, they're chain.

it's an awesome little car...BUT when you need to start buying parts for the motor...it's gonna get pricey.

what kind of shape is it in and how much?

mlangbauer

I haven't seen the car yet...supposedly pretty straight but the current owner hasn't started the car...apparently it turns over, just doesn't fire. He told me he hasn't spent any time with the car as he is into Chevy's and not Datsuns. He is asking $3k. I am hopefully going to go look at it tomorrow.

So, the question begs to be asked. Is it even worth it to look at? Of course he says he doesn't think there is any rust......we have all heard that before. I guess its easy to go look at and go from there.

Return to “Datsun Roadster”