newbie here.... greetings!

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
newbieEX

Hello Everyone,

I've been eyeing on an EX35 since introduction. It seems like a really good car for what it's got. One thing that bugs me though, is the black plastic molding all around the exterior.

I'm from Canada, so I don't think the aero package (which I like) is available. And in the US website, the configurator doesn't let you have the technology package along with the aero package...

Does anyone know is it because Infiniti doesn't ship such configuration out from Japan? Or simply because it is not physically possible since it block sensors and such? The cameras shouldn't be in the way....

I'm thinking of just grabbing the aero kit as parts from US somewhere, ship it across the border and get it custom installed ... that's just how much I don't like the black all-around moldings.... and the reason I'm not an EX owner yet

Thanks for your advise!

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Welcome to our corner of the world, from a fellow Canadian!

Your guess seems to be a good one concerning the availability of the Aero kit. If you really want the Tech pkg (and BTW, I highly recommend it, just for the AVM alone), and can't stand the stock lower molding, you might make an appointment with the service manager at your local Infiniti dealer to discuss Aero kit availability, installation costs and ramifications.

Does anyone have a dealer recommendation for newbieEX in/near Edmonton, Alberta?

Cheers,David

newbieEX

Thanks David!

Did some more research and I guess I found the reason; seems like the only problem is the intelligence cruise control sensor at the front bumper grill

Looking at these 2 pictures:

If it's just the matter of a "hole", then I'm sure it can be fitted somehow... but for sure I want the AVM at the minimum (I'm greedy), and the aero package.

The only dealership I got in Edmonton is Ericksen Infiniti, or 3hrs drive down at Calgary. I guess I will talk to the people over there and see what can be done

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”