newbie-1978 620 l20b

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
n.hager
Car: 1978 620 kingcab

Hello all, my name's Nathan and i recently bought my first datsun. I got it for $600 from the junkyard and drove it home. Had some title issues but i got it sorted out in my name finally. First issue was fuel delivery. The l shaped suction tube was broken off inside the tank, so if you went below half a tank, you starved. i couldn't fit my hand inside to repair it, so i rigged up a straight pipe down from a hole i drilled in the sending unit. as long as those compression fitting hold, it'll work fine. Someone had "salvaged" the catalytic converter while parked at the yard, so i had to have the pipes welded back together--no big deal. I was still hearing an exhaust leak, and it was coming from the exhaust manifold, so i tore into that. A real headache with all that smog stuff. Almost all of that equipment was broken(or bout to be), so i don't think i'll be putting it back on. after drilling out the air injection ports in tha manifold, i found a crack on the #4. I now have a lot of effort in repairing those holes to be plugged, but the crack makes me want to get another manifold. any idea where i might find one? the project's at a standstill now until i get one. i guess i could put the cracked one back on, but i'd probably be right back where i am now in about a year. Round port holes. C an't wait to get this thing rolling. I'm not gonna restore or hotrod this thing , just drive it till it croaks, or maybe further. Any help or ideas welcome.Nathan

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

Welcome to the forum! Post some pics.

Return to “Datsun 620”