newb...

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
mulisharider11x

just wanted to introduce myself... just picked up a l320 on new years... its a 63, matching engine trans, original wheels in bed... sweet lil truck... plans are to redo brakes, paint, interior, and possibly bagged but would like a static droped daily driver... heres a pic...

IMH

Based on my experience, you'll need an engine, trans, and differential upgrade at least, if you want it to be a daily driver just to keep up with traffic. Possibly even a brake upgrade. Now I've done those things to mine, except the brakes, and I still don't use it as a daily driver. They're fairly cramped inside (I'm 6-2, 200). I only drive my truck occaisionally to car shows etc. I used it briefly as a daily driver a few years ago but I couln't stand that much adventure on a daily basis.

layedoutb2k
Car: '64 NL320, '85 720, '83 Rabbit GTI

welcome. my L320 truck is all original and it is my summer daily driver. i even haul a lot of stuff with it. it can get a little old tryin to keep up with traffic but i also dont have to get on highways much. im also a pretty small guy so its fairly comfortable for me. will be looking forward to see what you do to it.

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

Welcome to the forum. Nice 320.

mulisharider11x

yea i havnt worked out the bugs to drive it yet. the brake master isnt working, gunna swap for a jeep setup, also gunna run a toyota pickup slave cyl. since ive got one... 100amp gm 1 wire alternator allready found its home. making a set of suicide door hindges today at work, also a new set of shackles to get the rear closer to the earth... ill post some pics later this week, also used new poly bushings for the rear leaf springs front and rear... also has anyone tried flipping the spindles on these trucks to gain what apears to be 1.5"? wondering if they are cambered and will cause my truck to have exess positive camber...?what engines are a good swap for these trucks? theres a a14 i believe on craigslist here local for 200 bucks thats rebuilt. well enjoy your weekend and ill keep breaking bolts on this truck...

mulisharider11x

went by and looked at the a14. not what i antivipated. just the block and tranny, no intake or exhaust... well the project hit a stand still, waiting for the starter to be rebuilt... also made some brackets to use mazda b2500 leaf springs without the overload leaf... also using some 3.25" lowering blocks...

Return to “Datsun 320”