New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer resigns.

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
NismoDriver240
Car: 2005 STi

audtatious wrote:
As others force what is not commonplace into being "legal" then it will become commonplace and the next generations will take it as normal. Prior to it being normal the next non-common lifestyle will be pressed to be legal and the cycle continues. Some call this a "slippery slope" but we can already see it in p0rn, internet/tv nudity, vulgarity and the fact that kids as early as 8 are having sex now.
oh yes yes yes i know exactly what you are talking about. alot of this is just because it's illegal. kids my age drink so much because theyre so close to doing it legally that if they get the opportunity to drink now they do, but older kids, like mid to late 20s, some now, not all, but they dont drink as much as 18 yr olds. maybe i should say 30s but ya know... lowering the drinking age would slow down the craziness in 18yr olds, but make younger kids act like 18yr olds now. now 14yr olds are binging. but this is a WHOLE nother thing that i dont even want to get into. its almost the same thing... legalizing prostitution and keeping it in control will slow down the craziness of it now. they can easily filter the drugs out by checking the brothels and stuff so now some drug traffic is out of it and like i said before, giving them some sort of regulation test to check cleanliness will cut out spread of disease.

it will still go on in the streets for the ones who cant get in but thats what police are for, like now, only there will be a legal place to do it as well.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Then should we have legal places where kids can drink or people can do heroin/crack/PCP in controlled and regulated environments?

All of this is simply desensitizing the community. When will all people agree that a line has be crossed? Never, because there is always going to be someone out there wanting more and more.

NismoDriver240

no. kids cant drink because their bodies haven't developed and it kills brain cells and actually hurts you, where sex doesnt. im just saying that creating legal places for prostitutes will ensure less drug traffic and clean prostitution. if it isnt legalized then it will still continue the way it is. you like it the way it is? stds, drugs, murders and shi*t?

legalizing prostitution wont stop people wanting more and more, cuz legal or not, prostitution still happens

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

Nismo

Quote » you like it the way it is? stds, drugs, murders and shi*t?[/quote]Try to avoid using the word "you" when making your point. It puts an otherwise valid argument on a personal level when directed towards an opponent. It can turn sour quickly.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

NismoDriver240 wrote:legalizing prostitution wont stop people wanting more and more, cuz legal or not, prostitution still happens
So will drugs, etc. If you want to take it simply as "people should do what they want to do", as you have stated, then why have any laws and rules at all? I know what you will say to that BUT then you are simply drawing a line at what you feel needs to be limited. I simply don't buy into the "Prostitution is consensual sex" because it has been proven that there is a whole lot more to it than that.

At this point we are pretty much at a "agree to disagree" point in the conversation.

NismoDriver240

rn79870 wrote:Nismo

Try to avoid using the word "you" when making your point. It puts an otherwise valid argument on a personal level when directed towards an opponent. It can turn sour quickly.
audtatious wrote:One of these days you will have your own kids and will probably have a different take on this very subject. As a father with two grown girls I have a completely different take on the matter that you have not had a chance to experience yet. Then again, who knows, you may be proud if your daugher was a prostitute
audtatious wrote:Do you really believe that treating women as a commodity is the right thing to do?
my bad...

yea i guess we can say agree to disagree but i dont see what you mean by
audtatious wrote:
I simply don't buy into the "Prostitution is consensual sex" because it has been proven that there is a whole lot more to it than that.
they have a choice to do it, AND they have the choice, or consent, whom to do it with.

laws and rules are broken all the time, but, as broken as they are, still keep things in line. GTA happens but immagine how many cars would be stolen if there were no rules against it. and imagine how many murders there would be if there were no consequences. "F you you stole my car" bam bam. idk, just food for thought.

i like this forum

NismoDriver240

im sure you know but...
Webster Online Dictionary wrote:
Main Entry: con·sent Pronunciation: \kən-ˈsent\ Function: intransitive verb Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French consentir, from Latin consentire, from com- + sentire to feel — more at senseDate: 13th century

1: to give assent or approval : agree <consent to being tested>2: archaic : to be in concord in opinion or sentiment
the agreement, or consent, between the customer and prostitute is the money exchange, and obviously the service. If she, assuming a female prostitute, doesn't want to do anything she doesnt have to.

whats being insinuated in your words then?
audtatious wrote:
"Prostitution is [not] consensual sex"
Are you saying it's rape? Raping the ones who are willing to have sex?

audtatious

NismoDriver240 wrote:Are you saying it's rape? Raping the ones who are willing to have sex?
What are truths about current prostitutes? Broken homes, mental issues, kids to support, drug addictions, forced by others? What percentage do it simply because they like the sex and as a by-product they get money? I would say pretty small. So, there is usually an underlying reason for becoming a prostitute other than simply a career choice and they are consenting out of some form of duress. Sure, technically it IS consensual sex. I say it's under duress or circumstance that could have been handled a different way. Who knows, maybe they will come out with "How to be a prostitute 101" to be taught to girls in the 9th grade to give them something to look forward to if they decide school is a drag and the life of a prostitute didn't look so bad in the movie Pretty Woman....

BUT, regulations and legalization will change all that, right? That's pretty doubtful for now we have legally made it OK to count peoples orifices as a commodity which in effect turn women into a commodity as well. Besides the mental aspect of being degraded as a piece of meat within the prostitution "career", a larger population will have less issues with seeing women as nothing but a hole to fill. More and more young women will get into this "career" to constantly be treated as a sex slave to those who are paying them and this will lead down the path of physical or chemical dependancies which will get worse the older and less attractive they get. Once they are used up and "Johns" don't want them anymore, what are they to do then? They have been used for years and years as a commodity and now nobody wants it anymore. Do they go to some other job and proudly put "trick" on their resume?

I have not even touched on the potential criminal activity side of the coin that other countries are facing and it sure does not sound like something we as a nation should support.

Realize, I'm not attacking you. I'm simply spewing my views and why I believe it is wrong. I'm not going to change my viewpoint on it regardless of whether someone actaully could come up with even a single official report that said it was a good idea (which I doubt exists) other than a way for the Gov't to make money off of sex.

NismoDriver240

i dont expect you to change your views at all. a prostitute is out there cuz of their life mistakes well if they finished school they could have at least gotten a job flippin burgers and, hell, they still can. its up to them to pull their life around and if they dont then they should be on the streets cuz thats all their worth.

audtatious

While I don't disagree with them screwing themselves up I still don't think it is OK giving them an "out" to make things worse for them and for us as well for at some point our taxes will be taken out to "help the poor prostitute".

NismoDriver240

i hate it when its said like that too... not my problem they fked up.

audtatious

Trust me, I understand your point and usually agree with it. In this case I simply see too many "moral" issues with it and I see a whole lotta crap coming our way that will make it cost us more in the long run.

If these women are all about the sex then let them get paid for it out of dinners, diamonds and dating.

Return to “Politics Etc.”